R9 280 vs gtx 960

Adnan Nasif

so gys i want to buy a gpu which one is better. i always compare it on gpuboss but i want to know on the user performance

It depends, Right now they are pretty much equal at 1080p, But games will start to use more Vram as time goes by so the 280 would be a more secure option from my point of view becouse of the extra 1gb of Vram.

The only thing you can somewhat reliably do on GPU/CPUboss is to check the specs.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

The 280x is much better, and please for the love of god stop using GPUboss for comparing stuff and for that matter CPUBoss as well.

^This

GPUboss is a terrible website that rates GPUs based on statistics that don't even matter.

280 and the 280X are significantly higher-performance than the 960, pulling ahead in Bioshock Infinite by a considerable amount (this is an Nvidia-optimized game)

New 960 4GB VRAM cards are on the way, don't know pricing though.
I'd still lean towards the the 280 though, dirt cheap these days and a great card.

3.5GB on a GTX 960, makes no sense.

post-58487-0-65770600-1425986982.jpg

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

3.5GB on a GTX 960, makes no sense.

Hahaha, yeah good point ;)

I would still love to know pricing because it seems like a great card.

so gys i want to buy a gpu which one is better. i always compare it on gpuboss but i want to know on the user performance

Flip a coin. No one will agree on one so you will have to make the choice yourself :(

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50