What did you guys do to pass High School and goto college?

CartertheCOCguy

Im currently having trouble keeping my grades above a 3.0 GPA.. and I need that to go into a COMMUNITY COLLEGE.  I need an even higher grade to get into the college I really want to goto and major in nursing... Any tips on grades and what you did to get into the school you wanted to goto? Thanks for the help :)

Get off the forums and study. In fact, you should delete your forum account

If your SAT & or ACT is fine, a 3.0 GPA can you get you into a lot of schools. What school are you looking to get into?

Clemson

Get off the forums and study. In fact, you should delete your forum account

is this a serious comment or a troll?

is this a serious comment or a troll?

a little bit of both

You can get into Clemson with a 3.0. What I would say is take courses that are challenging enough that you have to study periodically but that don't kill you.

Best thing to do is not cram. Study like 20 minutes everyday and by the time you take tests, you'll retain somewhere around 80% of that unit. Procrastination, the majority of the time, is what kills people (though some are clutch and can naturally cram and pull all-nighters :P).

yeah but nursing at clemson you pretty much have to have a 4.0 or better.. trust me my mom is a Nursing professor there xD

Read a few books or websites on study skills and strategies for exams?

Plus, limiting stuff that takes your mind off of your studies (but don't forget to schedule in some free time).

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I'm not going to lie. I did practically nothing in highschool, Passed my classes (barely) and still got into a community college. Of course, it helps that I was going to a college prep school, and one that is pretty highly regarded as such, so the classes are harder, and most of the classes I took were AP, so yea... But that's aside. 

If it helps, I tended to study before and after class, but never spent all my time doing that. If i did spend too much time studying or working I would take a break and do something i wanted to do instead. If i studied for too long I'd get bored and stop paying attention, which would mean a tougher time ,for me at least, remembering what i had just read.

EDIT** OH I also didn't party. Like, ever... My girlfriend through highschool hated that I never wanted to go out and do that kind of stuff, and she hated that all my friends were geeks (which is important <- hangin with smart people tends to rub off) Which now that i think about it is probably why we broke up, and I'm now dating one of those geeks :3

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Practice practicing.

Gotta develop the drive to just sit down for a couple hours and study without getting distracted. 

I worked hard managed a 3.0 in high school (barley), and then I went to community college (For me more fun than HS)  for 2 years (Associates of Science), now onto actual 4 years (6 year for me) for my doctorate of Psychology.