Need Help With my Pc Build

Skvrahul

Hi guys,

I'd like to start off by saying that I am a complete noob when it comes to PC building so please excuse me for anything I say that may be wrong.

Anyways, this is my first pc build and I'm doing it on a budget of Rs.20000( I live In India btw) which translates to around roughly

320 USD. I'll be looking to run recent games at a decent playable frame rate on Medium 720p settings.

I've decided on everything except the graphics card for which I have a budget of Rs. 4500 /~80$ ( I wasn't sure if I should get a Sapphire AMD R5 230 2GB DDR3 or and AMD R7 240 1 GB DDR5 and I wasn't sure what I should be looking for when buying a graphics card )

It would be great if you guys could tell me if this is a good graphics card for my need or if there is anything better for this price.

My pc config -

Cpu: AMD FX 4300 Black Edition

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA78LMT USB3.0

Graphics Card: Sapphire AMD R5 or anything better you guys can suggest

Ram: 4GB Corsair Vengeance

Also if there is anything that you think can be done better with my config please do tell me.

You can refer to this site www.flipkart.com for prices in India.

Thanks in advance!

what is your budget?

Amd phenom ii x4 955 Asus crosshair iv formula Kingston hyperx fury 8GB 1600mhz ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II
Cooler master haf xb evo Antec 750w 500gb wd black BenQ gw2760hs Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 

get a better cpu if possible whats ure budget

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Am I wrong in thinking that a dedicated GPU along with a CPU will perform better than an APU?? Or is that not how it works

O.o

My budget for the CPU is around rs 6000 ~100usd

Am I wrong in thinking that a dedicated GPU along with a CPU will perform better than an APU?? Or is that not how it works

O.o

Kinda...however for your budget getting a low end GPU and a somewhat of a good CPU will make your games feel generally laggy, it would be better to just get a APU with two sticks of very fast ram

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

get r7 260x and pentium g3258

Amd phenom ii x4 955 Asus crosshair iv formula Kingston hyperx fury 8GB 1600mhz ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II
Cooler master haf xb evo Antec 750w 500gb wd black BenQ gw2760hs Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 

4690k 280x

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Item Qty Price Delivery Details Subtotal

msi-a88xm-e35-75x75-imadtzu6afwm7wgg.jpe
MSI A88XM-E35 Motherboard
Seller: eHardwareStation |
30 Days Replacement ?
Rs. 4,550
Free

Delivered in 2-3 business days.

Faster options may be available during checkout.
Rs. 4,550
amd-quad-core-a8-series-a8-6600k-apu-for
AMD 3.9 GHz FM2 Quad-Core A8-Series A8-6600K ...
Seller: ZEVATECH
10 Days Replacement ?
Rs. 7,290
Rs. 50

Delivered in 7-8 business days.

Rs. 7,340
corsair-cmz16gx3m2a1866c10r-75x75-imadgd
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC DRA...
Seller: OnlineKing
10 Days Replacement ?
Rs. 7,999
Rs. 100

Delivered in 4-5 business days.

Rs. 8,099

Estimated Total: Rs. 19,989

This is what I would get...............its a APU with some fast ram and you will be able to play a decent amount of games with it

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Seriously? Keep up with the thread.

? 0.0 OOOHHHHH i thought it was 600 - 1000 $$$$ i misread sry bout that

We're all dying slowly

I suggest you the AMD A10-7850k. It's the best APU you can get for your budget 140$ USD.

CPU Specs:

@3.7Ghz

Quad-Core

Integrated Graphics: Radeon R7

Can run 1080p games at medium/high settings

Okay guys thanks for that!

Will downgrading to 4gb of ram make a huge difference as my RS 20000 budget was inclusive of a HDD and an optical drive as well so I might choose to get another 4gb ram stick later on down the line.

I think u should look at asus h/z97 pro gamer as motherboard I think u have it there h=Rs 9689 z=11000+ rs but its semi rog think about it

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H97PRO_GAMER/

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97PRO_GAMER/

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Okay guys thanks for that!

Will downgrading to 4gb of ram make a huge difference as my RS 20000 budget was inclusive of a HDD and an optical drive as well so I might choose to get another 4gb ram stick later on down the line.

remember that it is recommended to always buy a kit of x2 and not a single module for compatibility performance they are test to match as close as possible and in single module u can by mistake buy a wrong firmware or they will not have they same numbers, I believe. check it out !    

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Is there a difference between buying 2 seperate Corsair Vengeance 4 gb ram sticks Separately as opposed to a 2x4gb ram kit of the same brand and speed?

Is there a difference between buying 2 seperate Corsair Vengeance 4 gb ram sticks Separately as opposed to a 2x4gb ram kit of the same brand and speed?

you will have to first check the motherboard QVL of memory to see what can be placed in the slots and as far as I know yes

Still kinda expensive :/ and what additional functionality will I be getting from this?

well as I see the most good thing about the h/z 97 is that they will support the new i7 and i5 K intel cpu coming q2 2015 but they have more then that