Very cheap build

I need a cheap build for my friend. Hes thinking of a pc (without OS) that is 100$ max and is to check emails, browse the web, the basics. 

:)

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I need a cheap build for my friend. Hes thinking of a pc (without OS) that is 100$ max and is to check emails, browse the web, the basics. 

this is in your price range

SU2TG.jpg

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Raspberry Pi 2 B?

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Second-hand Core 2 Duo rig tbh

"Rawr XD"

That's literally impossible. Even if you could by some black magic find the cheapest of the crappiest of components for $100, it would be too slow for even basic web browsing.

At that price used is your only choice. And even used he won't find much for $100 apart from 10 year old core 2 duo machines. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Raspberry Pi 2 B?

WOA! THIS CAN RUN WINDOWS 10? OMG! 

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

That's literally impossible. Even if you could by some black magic find the cheapest of the crappiest of components for $100, it would be too slow for even basic web browsing.

At that price used is your only choice. And even used he won't find much for $100 apart from 10 year old core 2 duo machines. 

you think a raspberry pi might be my only option... ):

That or something such as a chromebook. (You can modify them to run linux!)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

No that would be stupid slow and useless.

Used is the only option. Go on craigslist and negotiate with people. 

Or maybe go to your local dumpster and try to find old thrown out computers?

Idk, we really can't help you much for this. 

Let's not forget that web browsing is a very lightly-threaded task, and Core 2 Duos, more specifically the very popular E8400 you'll find everywhere, can keep up with the current AMD FX chips in single-threaded tasks.

"Rawr XD"

lol

CPU: AMD 2650 1.45Ghz Dual-Core Processor  ($26.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock AM1B-M Micro ATX AM1 Motherboard  ($28.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Pareema 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($28.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $130.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-08 00:56 EST-0500

"Rawr XD"

Let's not forget that web browsing is a very lightly-threaded task, and Core 2 Duos, more specifically the very popular E8400 you'll find everywhere, can keep up with the current AMD FX in single-threaded tasks.

Sure, but will he even be able to find core 2 duo desktops that don't have broken parts at that price range? I guess it depends on where he lives. 

And you would probably want to upgrade the RAM to 4GB even for regular web browsing. 

Sure, but will he even be able to find core 2 duo desktops that don't have broken parts at that price range? I guess it depends on where he lives. 

And you would probably want to upgrade the RAM to 4GB even for regular web browsing. 

Sure why not? Here's one where I am, and PCs/PC parts in general are stupidly overpriced around here

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-desktop-computers/calgary/hp-dc7900-sff-desktop-pc/1054311036?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

"Rawr XD"

Keep in mind that Luke was able to get a core 2 duo machine with 4GB ram for $100 CAD so he should be fine to find one for $75-90 USD.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Sure why not? Here's one where I am, and PCs/PC parts in general are stupidly overpriced around here

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-desktop-computers/calgary/hp-dc7900-sff-desktop-pc/1054311036?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I dont know about that I have gotten things here cheaper than you can get them in the states

used 290x $160

new 4790k $220

used SOC  $88

(these are in USD)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I found something very cheap: Chromebook acer. Its 2x my bdget but its a laptop soooo...

this is in your price range

SU2TG.jpg

ALSO here is the graphics card I would recommend:

post-172131-0-23347100-1425843316_thumb.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

ALSO here is the graphics card I would recommend:

attachicon.gifbitchinfast3d.jpg

fuck dude, thats atleast Crysis 4 at 200fps.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

HP stream? Its $200 WITH windows8. 

Or, if your friend can handle linux. You got the raspberrypi B 2.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition