Help me start coding

Benana101

Hey Guys, I am a 13 year old. And I want to start coding basic applications in Visual Studio, stuff that is actually going to help me with daily tasks. I have done a bit of coding before but don't really remember anything from it, what I do remember is that I was doing that in Notepad++... So not really a proper coding program.

But I have just installed Visual Studio and have a couple of days off from school over this week, Could you guys recommend some websites that could help me get into basic coding?

Thanks 

Main PC/Gaming PC - G3258 @ 4.0GHz | Sapphire R9 280 3gb | 2x4GB Kingston Fury HyperX Blue 1600Mhz RAM | ASRock H97M Anniversary | x2 Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Coolermaster N400 Windowed | EVGA 600B 600W PSU | Windows 8

Keyboard, Mouse etc. - Razer Blackwidow Expert 2014 Green Switches | Logitech G502 Mouse | Logitech G430 Headset | Logitech C920 Webcam |

Screens - Acer K27HL | Acer S23HL | 32" Full HD TV (Don't know brand) | 

www.codeacademy.com

have fun :)

iv done Quickbasic ,VisualBasic and Html in notepad. errors can be annoying to find. but if you learn to keep a good organized code, its usually pretty easy

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

http://www.codecademy.com/

It's a great practice tool, and is also very easy to learn from.

Started learning some light JavaS.

@Oberon.Smite Okay, just signed up. What should I start learning?

Main PC/Gaming PC - G3258 @ 4.0GHz | Sapphire R9 280 3gb | 2x4GB Kingston Fury HyperX Blue 1600Mhz RAM | ASRock H97M Anniversary | x2 Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Coolermaster N400 Windowed | EVGA 600B 600W PSU | Windows 8

Keyboard, Mouse etc. - Razer Blackwidow Expert 2014 Green Switches | Logitech G502 Mouse | Logitech G430 Headset | Logitech C920 Webcam |

What do you feel like doing? JavaS, CSS, HTML, and a few others are for web pages. I think they have a Linux course. Keep in mind that JavaS is actually valuable to the Unity Game Engine. Enough time on this site and you could start rolling out indie games.

Find a problem and solve it. That's the best way.

@Oberon.Smite I have Unity 5 on my PC, So should I start learning JavaS? Would that be a good start

@Oberon.Smite I have Unity 5 on my PC, So should I start learning JavaS? Would that be a good start

It's really up to you, friend.

Well I have started doing the JavaScript Tutorial

@Oberon.Smite

do some JS. you can make good apps with that. you can also learn HTML and CSS.. wich is an easy language to begin with. but will only take you to web pages and databases

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

thenewboston nuff said.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz