Utorrent bitcoin miner epic scale investigated

Mod Edit: Original Thread - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/323058-utorrent-silently-installing-bundled-bitcoin-mining-software/

The Epicscale bit coin miner many people ar claiming to have gotten without knowing has been investigated and it is indeed as utorrent stated opt in only if u have it read your installs more thouroughly as http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/epic-scale-and-utorrent-bitcoin-mining-riskware-investigatedhere u can see clear as day u have the choice to decline or accept it

post-196021-0-78117700-1425741907.jpg

Edited by Ghost

oh common it's right on the front page. how did you not see it was already posted.

different topic this is an answer not the problem

If this is the only way that uTorrent is installing the Bitcoin Miner then whoever gets it deserves to get it for not watching what they are installing :P

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I updated to the latest version last week and was wondering what everyone was on about, I was watching my idle CPU sit at 1% using 1.2 watts of power yesterday (according to coretemp).

If your stupid enough to click I Accept without reading what its for first then its your own fault.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

i actually investigated this myself and reinstalled mine and it didnt even come up but several other opt in services did so it doesnt even seem to be there all the time or maybe it has been removed

Please just post in the original thread. There is no need for forking. Thanks.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.