6800K and 7750 Hybrid Crossfire...i need this explained to me

Ok i was told you can Hybrid Crossfire a 7750 with a 6800K...i need you to answer these things for me

1. How does it work and how would i CF them together.

2. Do i still need the 1866MHz RAM for the APU GPU

3. Can i swap between using 1 and 2 GPU's at any given time for games that dont support Crossfire.

4. Do games that Support Crossfire also support Hybrid CF [Just to be sure]

1.)You just need a free PCI-E x16 length slot. Should appear in the drivers.

2.) Yes.

3.)Probably.

4.)Most likely.

To confirm support for Hybrid Crossfire with the 7750, look at AMD's website.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Ok i was told you can Hybrid Crossfire a 7750 with a 6800K...i need you to answer these things for me

1. How does it work and how would i CF them together.

2. Do i still need the 1866MHz RAM for the APU GPU

3. Can i swap between using 1 and 2 GPU's at any given time for games that dont support Crossfire.

4. Do games that Support Crossfire also support Hybrid CF [Just to be sure]

Sorry, but according to everything I see says HD 6670 is the best you can crossfire with.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

1.)You just need a free PCI-E x16 length slot. Should appear in the drivers.

2.) Yes.

3.)Probably.

4.)Most likely.

To confirm support for Hybrid Crossfire with the 7750, look at AMD's website.

From what I've read, when APU's are crossfired with a dedicated GPU, they use the GPU's VRAM and stop using the system RAM.

Not sure, but I think that's how it works.

Just had a crazy idea. Dual Socket APU motherboards for true APU crossfire.

Genius! I think I just invented the budget enthusiast! LOL

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Sorry, but according to everything I see says HD 6670 is the best you can crossfire with.

Thats partly correct but you can do it with the 7750 as it was confirmed

Thats partly correct but you can do it with the 7750 as it was confirmed

According to AMD it's not supported.  That isn't to say it isn't possible, maybe there was a driver update or hack to do this tho.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

According to AMD it's not supported.  That isn't to say it isn't possible, maybe there was a driver update or hack to do this tho.

Well i have watched several videos that prove you can do it. Not saying everything on the internet is true but i have seen the FPS difference and thats hard to fake.

Although it's not official it will still work. I'm pretty sure you don't need the high speed RAM anymore since you are only using the discrete graphics and not the actual graphics provided by the CPU. 

The part about games not supporting crossfire, technically it's considered as if you have a stand alone graphics card and a CPU therefore it should work 99% of the time.

Hybrid crossfire and normal crossfire should be compatible with each other to my understanding. I have not read any complaints about users not being able to run games due to the fact that they were running hybrid crossfire.

Although it's not official it will still work. I'm pretty sure you don't need the high speed RAM anymore since you are only using the discrete graphics and not the actual graphics provided by the CPU.

Hybrid Crossfire combines both the APU and the discrete card. They rely on their own buses still, much like regular Crossfire/SLI.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hybrid Crossfire combines both the APU and the discrete card. They rely on their own buses still, much like regular Crossfire/SLI.

I think he worded his line wrong..he is aware of that but was saying its not CF'ing them its just because the CPU is using the GPU already and then the 7750 comes into the game and boosts it...its like MIND = BLOWN hahahaahh

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks! :D

From now on, every time we interact with each other I'm going to tell you to change your profile picture. By the way I like your location.

Change your profile picture.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks! :D

From now on, every time we interact with each other I'm going to tell you to change your profile picture. By the way I like your location.

Change your profile picture.

Well this is awkward...O.O......XD