Almost Finished 800$ Gaming PC

Hey everyone, after tons of advice from many different forums, including this one, I am finally finished picking the parts for my brothers 800$ (CAD) gaming PC. Before I go ahead and buy the parts, does anyone have any final advice for the build? Thanks! (Please read my explanation for the parts below)

The PC: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/6cDmK8

If you are wondering why I chose these parts, Here is a list explaining why:

• Processor: I chose the intel i5 4460 as my processor because of its great performance and ability to keep up with very high end cards. I also chose it because it is at a great price and actually costs the same as some lower end i5's right now. I took the intel over amd's FX series because of its great upgrade path compared to the dead am3+ socket.
  • Motherboard: I chose the MSI CSM-H87M-G43 motherboard for its 4 ram slots that support 1600mhz+ ram, having a PCI-E 3.0 slot instead of a 2.0 and having a onboard usb 3.0 header. I wanted 4 ram slots so I could upgrade to a higher capacity and the usb 3.0 since my case has one.
  • Ram: I chose the G.Skill Sniper ram because it is the cheapest 8GB 1600mhz set available while still being very reliable and having a awesome and functional heat spreader.
  • Storage: I chose the Seagate Barracuda 1TB because it is the cheapest 1TB available while still coming from a very reliable manufacturer.
  • Graphics: I chose the MSI R9 280 as my gpu for its very efficient cooler, overclockability and awesome looks
  • Case: I chose the Fractal Design Core 1000 as my case because it is considered one of the best budget cases on the market. It also has a understated look, high airflow design and usb 3.0 support.
  • Power supply: I chose the EVGA 600B power supply because it is very reliable, has 80+ bronze certification and all the cables are braided.
  • Bluetooth adapter: I chose a ASUS bluetooth adapter because my brother has a bluetooth headset and needs a cheap adapter with good range.

Your cpu, for $10-$20 more You can get a i5-4690k which would have much better performance especially in gaming. Extremely recommend changing your cpu to that.

Other than that it would be a great gaming machine with the new cpu!

i5-4690k @ 4.5ghz ---- Dual Gigabyte Gtx 780 OC Rev2.0's SLI ---- Noctua NH-D14 ---- Triple 1080p Surround

Your cpu, for $10-$20 more You can get a i5-4690k which would have much better performance especially in gaming. Extremely recommend changing your cpu to that.

Other than that it would be a great gaming machine with the new cpu!

From the retailers i have to choose from in canada, the 4690k is actually 65$ more. I don't think it would be worth the extra 65$ plus going over budget for the extra performance I will get. If you can find a retailer that sells it at a price that fits in my budget, I would get it for sure! I would also be perfectly fine with a 4690 because my motherboard doesn't support overclocking.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

How much of a difference do you think it would make in games like farcry 4 and Gta V when it comes out compared to the 4460?

The processor would give you more headroom for years to come and would allow you to overclock, if you wanted to go that route.  The 4460 will be able to tackle modern games without a problem though.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

The processor would give you more headroom for years to come and would allow you to overclock, if you wanted to go that route.  The 4460 will be able to tackle modern games without a problem though.

Sounds good, but i think i might stick with the 4460 for now since i'm not planning on overclocking and I would definitely need a better board to overclock with. I think I might consider a "z" board instead of the H board I took because I am planning on upgrading the cpu in the future and it might be a k processor.

Sounds good, but i think i might stick with the 4460 for now since i'm not planning on overclocking and I would definitely need a better board to overclock with. I think I might consider a "z" board instead of the H board I took because I am planning on upgrading the cpu in the future and it might be a k processor.

Listed here:

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=19-116-989

An i5-4690.

Your cpu isn't bad at all, it's pretty good. But you could go pretty great and set yourself up for a much more enjoyable experience, but I understand your concerns and situation. Just something to think about :)

i5-4690k @ 4.5ghz ---- Dual Gigabyte Gtx 780 OC Rev2.0's SLI ---- Noctua NH-D14 ---- Triple 1080p Surround