GPU Painting.

Nosfy
Go to solution Solved by Albatross,

Cool thanks guys. What is PlastiDip?

If I get this done over the weekend I will post pics.

It is like spray paint. You can usually get them at auto repair stores or Wal-mart (something similar). Here's a google search for it, but if you want to test it out, I suggest getting some throw-away plastic you have lying around and go to an auto repair store/store and get some to practice with. You can also see if you like the end result before actually plasti-dipping your GPU shroud-thingy.

https://www.google.com/#q=plasti-dip

Hello folks.

Weird question! I own two Palit jetstream gtx 980 (pic below).

As you can see it is red. Unfortunately my build is a black & white theme. I know I can remove the top plate and paint it white. The question is... do I need to get rid of the red first? If so how? Do I need a base coat of some sort before applying the white?

Assistance is appreciated.

Palit-GTX-980-Super-JetStream-7.jpg

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

No base needed because it would be white anyway, but you would need about 3 coats to cover it up. Don't forget to make some pictures

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I would use 3 coats of PlastiDip. 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

If its a glossy red finish I would sand it to make the paint stick better, but with spray paint you'll need about 2-3 even coats to make a nice finish.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Install Photoshop, done  :D

vOvyxWA.jpg

It is something like liquid rubber, It will not damage the PCB, just don't get it into any contacts.  

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

It is like spray paint. You can usually get them at auto repair stores or Wal-mart (something similar). Here's a google search for it, but if you want to test it out, I suggest getting some throw-away plastic you have lying around and go to an auto repair store/store and get some to practice with. You can also see if you like the end result before actually plasti-dipping your GPU shroud-thingy.

https://www.google.com/#q=plasti-dip

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Install Photoshop, done  :D

It is something like liquid rubber, It will not damage the PCB, just don't get it into any contacts.  

Haha nice :)