What phone do you currently use?

AStateOfTrance

Saw the same phone at FNAC and my first idea was "that's the perfect phone! the software possibilities of android, with the durability of a Nokia 3310!!!". Then I looked at the specs and thought "naaa...." then I looked at the price and said "are you serious?..."

What's your experience with it? Worth the mediocre specs *and* the premium *and* the extra weight for what you do with it?

I have a Wiko phone. It's a French brand, made in China. They have quite good phones, for the money you pay for them. Mine is a Wiko Cink Peax (1GB RAM, MTK whatever at 1,3 GHz, 1 GB storage, dual sim, 720p 4,5" screen... No real complaints other than the 1800 mAh battery and the fact that the GPS is kinda faulty) for 170 euros.

Actually just yesterday ordered a HTC One E8 Dual Sim. Looking forward to having a phone with good build quality again. Kinda miss the solid feel of my Blackberry 8900...

I just wanted a rugged smartphone, and that CAT phone has everything I need. IP67, nice design (to me at least), bulky, Android. Of course you can get better specs for that price (I paid around 290-300€ on Amazon.de (free shipping to Belgium) in late august), but I wanted a product that would last at least 3 years without fearing the scratches, little drops, etc. After 8 months, I'm still happy with it. The only bad thing is the 4Gig of memory, a little more would have been nicer, but it's ok.

Before that I had the Samsung B2710, and before that the B2100. Always rugged phones, that's how I like phones ;).

I just wanted a rugged smartphone, and that CAT phone has everything I need. IP67, nice design (to me at least), bulky, Android. Of course you can get better specs for that price [snip]

Yeah, I guess it's a trade-off, if that's really all you're looking for in a phone.

But to me it always feels like a missed opportunity, you know? I mean, I don't believe that the extra physical protection had such a high manufacturing cost to justify the price difference towards a "normal" phone with the same specs. Plus, I guess the phone is made with a market of active people in mind, who want to use it heavily outdoors, who maybe go cycling/trekking/climbing with it and would really benefit from some extra specs (I mean real specs, like battery capacity, better GPS, maybe more powerful radio signal on-demand for those remote places with low reception, etc...). So seeing a phone like that, where the only thing that's changed is the outside part but nevertheless won't perform as good as the outside promises, always feels very disappointing to me, and to be honest a bit of a marketing scam...

But anyway, sorry for the slightly off-topic post. Carry on...

Still using my HTC One M7, one of the best devices I've ever personally used

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

Nokia Lumia 830. I don't mind the lack of 3rd party apps and its a refreshing new phone coming from an iPhone user.

Huawei gs620, i like it. It needs a better camera and a bigger/removable battery,

the plastic back does not know how to deal with finger oil/grease at all.. Otherwise

it's pretty nice, especially digging the screen.