NVIDIA's Project Shield Delayed Until July

Sdgrty

hi there,

so my last post was an accidental duplicate...

but this time i have checked that this is the first post on this.

"Project Shield, the handheld gaming system from NVIDIA, has been delayed until July. This is due to a mechanical failure of a third-party component on the device.

nv-shield-1.jpg

This development was revealed in a blog post by Mr. Jason Paul, who is the project manager of Project Shield. The mechanical failure of the component on Project Shield was uncovered during its final quality-assurance testing.

The device was actually slated for launch on 27 June; however, the company has made the difficult decision to delay it until July. Its exact shipping date hasn't been finalized. In the meantime, do check out our hands-on experience with the gaming device here when it was first unveiled at CES this year.

(Source: NVIDIA via TechCrunch)"

link: http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-nvidias-project-shield-delayed-until-july

my input: i think that it is better that they delay it and come out with a better product than they release a faulty product, anyway it's nvidia so we should trust them...

As someone who was considering this before I found out mobile GPU's weren't supported, I'd rather wait an extra 2 weeks than receive a broken product that I have to send away than wait to get back again. Glad they caught it before it was to late.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd