My.. thing

mrshoppingcart

I don't know how else to describe my PC, it is a thing. You will not like my thing. There are many things like my thing, but this thing is my thing.

Motherboard: MCP61PM-HM (Iris8) with a modded BIOS because why not lol generic HP/Compaq thing

Case: c03210714.png minus the disk drive, that got stolen, seriously. My disk drive was stolen.

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 2.5 GHz, but I overclocked it to 2.88, since 2.91 blue screens. (K8 in the house)

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 250 (this gpu is out of place in my turd)

RAM: 2 GB DDR2 Dual-Channel that I had since 2008, unbranded, came with the compaq.

HDD: Western Digital Blue Laptop Hard Drive, 320 GB

Monitor: 720p 30 inch tv that everybody complains about

Power Supply: Generic HP 250w I had since 2008

FUTURE: 

Upgrade to M2N68-LA (Narra6) which comes in the mail next week, bought for $20, good deal.

CPU: Athlon II X2 240 which I have already, for some reason incompatible with my board

CPU: Phenom X4 950 (gotta be real rich for that)

RAM: 4 GB DDR3, I will figure the specifics of ram later

Hard Drive: gimme 1 TB I only have 20 GB free right now

a disc drive so it isn't an awkward hole in the front of my case

PSU: CX 430

GPU: happy for now

I've also had this case since 2008, and it isn't going anywhere <3

Not thrilled with my x3 450 + 7750 either but I'm happy with it, for what it is.

System: Thinkpad T460

the thing.... could be better. I love seeing really old builds that make users really happy. :)

Honestly, if it performs better than my Xbox 360, which it does, I am happy. I run most games fine, playable at a bare minimum, but it works. Like I said, I have attached myself to this case, my brother has a big ATX case with a Micro ATX board inside, my case is Micro ATX already and is just so cute and adorable next to his monster Spec-01. Just wish I had a disc drive, I have a floppy disk drive, but that doesn't help me much. 

Not thrilled with my x3 450 + 7750 either but I'm happy with it, for what it is.

Was actually looking at the X3 450, how well is it for you?

-snip-

I had a fun time playing Far Cry 3, and while it was 30-40 fps most of the time, it was an enjoyable experience.

Was actually looking at the X3 450, how well is it for you?

It's nice. It isn't blazing fast or powerful but it does what I need. It beats out some chips for a much better price.

And some chips can unlock a manufacturer locked fourth core if you mobo supports it. But that's just luck. 

System: Thinkpad T460

The most interesting thing about that rig is the stolen disk drive.

Please elaborate? 

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Honestly, if it performs better than my Xbox 360, which it does, I am happy. I run most games fine, playable at a bare minimum, but it works. Like I said, I have attached myself to this case, my brother has a big ATX case with a Micro ATX board inside, my case is Micro ATX already and is just so cute and adorable next to his monster Spec-01. Just wish I had a disc drive, I have a floppy disk drive, but that doesn't help me much. 

How in the world did you get your disc drive stolen? Like if it doesn't have any tool-less installations then they had to open the case and get a screwdriver, unplug all of it and run off scot free, happy with a $20 Disc drive? Thats the funniest thing I've heard all night!

I remember having a pre-built in that case around 2007-2008, it was a very nice looking case.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Im interested to hear about your BIOS modding adventure. Do tell.

oboi

It is actually pretty short, involved me looking up my motherboard and stumbled across an iris8 bios mod page, and people got the bios unlocked and it had a GUI that didn't crash every 2 seconds, or something involving a GUI that didn't break, but that ain't important

I looked at the instructions like 555+ times to make sure I knew what I was doing, cause I mean, motherboards are srsbusiness obviously. Once I figured I could do everything without breaking my PC, I decided to download the DOS thingy with the BIOS flashy thingy, heh, word choice. Everything on my USB finished, turned off PC, rebooted it from the SanDisk, typed the magical 1337 h4x commands and a few board beeps and boops later I had a modded bios, there was an issue where the fan was really, really loud and you had to change the fan setting to auto or something, cause it is set to disabled for some reason. From there I played with the new BIOS settings and overclocked my CPU and doubled my frame rates in games because of that. Also read some of the other posts, and people said x CPU works, of course X for me is the Athlon II X2 240, and it doesn't work in my board, unlike the forums said, which is why I bought the Narra6 a few hours ago on reddit.

How in the world did you get your disc drive stolen? Like if it doesn't have any tool-less installations then they had to open the case and get a screwdriver, unplug all of it and run off scot free, happy with a $20 Disc drive? Thats the funniest thing I've heard all night!

The most interesting thing about that rig is the stolen disk drive.

Please elaborate? 

Yeah, mystery, pretty sure my brother gave it to a friend or something, but I never bothered to ask.

Leave with disc drive

come home

no disc drive

E0K3kNV.png

Yeah, mystery, pretty sure my brother gave it to a friend or something, but I never bothered to ask.

Leave with disc drive

come home

no disc drive

E0K3kNV.png

I still don't understand :P i haven't actually used a physical disc since 2010.

I still don't understand :P i haven't actually used a physical disc since 2010.

I would use discs more but ya know

I have a bunch of discs with linux distros I used to play around on.