Can't setup my BIOS (new PC)

Hello guys, i need help, i just bought Xigmatek Tauro 700w PSU. After i got it, i assemble my pc with some of my new hardware. This is the spec:

AMD FX8350 Stock (new)

ASRock 970 Extreme3 (new)

Sapphire HD6870 (old about a year)

Kingston 1333 2gb x2 (old about a year)

WD Caviar Blue 500gb (1 year old)

Xigmatek Tauro 700w (new)

But, I can't enter the BIOS, it didn't POST at all ! There is no signal to the monitor, please help me...

Lights? fans? sound? do you have a motherboard speaker?

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

A similar thing happened to my friend who was inexperienced with computer building. I'm unaware of your computer knowledge, so I apologize if any of these recommendations come off as obvious. My friends issue was that he plugged his monitor cord into the motherboard video port, rather than his graphics card video port.

Does your computer make a POST beep? Refer to your motherboard manual if you hear a beep besides 1 short beep. Usually they have a list of errors that corresponds to the beep/beeps the motherboard will make.

If the motherboard does not make a beep at all, some motherboards come with pin outs for "speaker" which should be located in the same group as your power pins, reset pins, hdd light activity pins, etc.

From there, it is easier to check what the issue is.

A few things to check is to make sure everything is actually plugged in. Check all connections to see if they are fully connected. i.e. Ram pushed in all the way, mobo 4/8 pin connected all the way. After ensuring everything is plugged in, and the computer still does not work, begin taking out things one at a time until your computer will post.

Lights? fans? sound? do you have a motherboard speaker?
all light, fans, cpu fans, HDD, psu fan, gpu fan is working properly. but, if you turn on your pc, the caps lock,num lock, and scroll lock will blink on the startup, by it does not happen to me. i dont have MB speaker... now, i don't know what should I do, please find the solution for me :-(

I'm going to make an odd suggestion.

Try unplugging all components except CPU and GPU and 1 stick of ram. No HDD. plug your monitor in and power on and see if you get any display. if so add 1 component at a time leaving HDD to last and continue to reboot.

if not try your old Mobo and repeat.

Good luck :)

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Hmm.. What keyboard?
just an ordinary cheap keyboard..... but, my old config which consist of pentium dual core e6600, all of the lock LED is blink once when I turn on the pc, then, the num lock LED is on while the windows is booting....

Try unplugging all components except CPU and GPU and 1 stick of ram. No HDD. plug your monitor in and power on and see if you get any display. if so add 1 component at a time leaving HDD to last and continue to reboot.

will proceed, i'll tell you if it work... thanks, any other solution?

Possible causes: CPU 8-pin power, GPU power cable, RAM. Can't think of anything else. Just check all power connectors in general.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

First you need to find out what the problem is. This is what we're trying to do. Once you find out the problem then we will see what you can do. Fingers Crossed that this finds it :)

Spoiler

Hi,

Curious is your RAM DDR3? does it have XMP Profiles? Also check out Asrocks RAM compatibility

With the last system I built I had a major derp. Make sure the 24-pin connector is properly seated along with the 4-8pin for the CPU. If your power supply is modular make sure both ends of the 6-pin connectors are plugged in. Usually when someone messes up building a system its just a tiny detail they overlooked. I suggest taking out all of the wires and starting over.

Hi,

Curious is your RAM DDR3? does it have XMP Profiles? Also check out Asrocks RAM compatibility

hi, the board does support my ram, i'm planning to upgrade it but didn't have enough money right now.....

no it didn't work my friend...

Did you test it on your old Mobo?

Do you have another PC you can test components in?

Spoiler

Check all cables, se are they all well clicked into the MB and graphic card(24pin, 4+4 and 6/6+2), also there is a difference between 2*4pin for CPU and 6+2 pin for GPU, maybe you mixed those.. Test your RAM, one by one modul. Than take out your graphic card and try your onboard video. If after all this you dont get picture on your screen, then I am afraid that your MB is dead posibly because you killed it with bad cable setup.... sorry ...

Don't worry there is probably nothing wrong with your rig, your motherboard's BIOS version might be incompatible with Vishera/Piledriver CPUs .

You might need to take the board to a computer shop and ask them to flash the BIOS for you with an older CPU .

You will need the P1.50 BIOS version or newer .

http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=970%20Extreme3

Check all cables, se are they all well clicked into the MB and graphic card(24pin, 4+4 and 6/6+2), also there is a difference between 2*4pin for CPU and 6+2 pin for GPU, maybe you mixed those.. Test your RAM, one by one modul. Than take out your graphic card and try your onboard video. If after all this you dont get picture on your screen, then I am afraid that your MB is dead posibly because you killed it with bad cable setup.... sorry ...
nope, i'd quadriple check those wiring... nothing wrong.. i don't have onboard video..

Don't worry there is probably nothing wrong with your rig, your motherboard's BIOS version might be incompatible with Vishera/Piledriver CPUs .

You might need to take the board to a computer shop and ask them to flash the BIOS for you with an older CPU .

it says it does support my cpu... i don't know what to do now :-( i really want to update the bios right now but, after turn on the computer, it didn't post at all... so i can't enter the bios.. i think there is something wrong with the board, but the motherboard is new, right out of the box..

Contact asrock tech support , if that fails just return the board .

Sounds like a DOA mobo. ive had this same problem twice when rebuilding

i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz at 1.2v (5ghz @ 1.4v max stable) , Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 Clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/, AsRock Z75 Pro3 Mobo, 8gb of 1333mhz ram @ 1600-8-9-8-16.

i had this motherboard, would boot into windows then cut out randomly. i returned it and bought a Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 and its so much better in every way. try ram in different DIMM slots, try another PSU if possible and resit the CPU & GPU

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H80i | Case: Corsair 300R | Motherbord: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3| RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz White |

Graphics Card: MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr OC | Power Supply: Corsair CX750 | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB

i had this motherboard, would boot into windows then cut out randomly. i returned it and bought a Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 and its so much better in every way. try ram in different DIMM slots, try another PSU if possible and resit the CPU & GPU
i had this problem right now, it does work when I remove it from the case, but when i put it back in the case, it happen again....

Are you using any washers with the screws when mounting it to the case, it may not be grounding properly, if so try without washers, only use the standoffs