GTX 970 & FX 8350

Jumals

Do you think that I didn't do that?

I restarted my PC like million times and all drivers were up the date.

You should stop defending AMD bad CPUs which doesn't provide enough power for these high end GPUs.

Because soon as I put my intel CPU in, I saw huge difference.

Many games that I play didn't run at all (I don't count playing with 30-40 fps running a game) but when i swapped to intel, i got the fps high as 70-100.

As many benchmarks and other videos prove, AMD FX CPUs just aren't powerful enough to provide enough juice to run the high end GPUs with their full capacity.

I've seen many many people with this same issue, i was lucky enough to notice it in time.

I'm not fan of either of these, I just pick the one which can provide me the gaming experience that I'm looking for and for now it's Nvidia card + intel CPU.

How is the cpu bottlenecking if cpu cores are under 60% load? Tell me that. Im waiting. 

I know intel cpus are quite a lot better but saying 60%cpu load is a bottleneck is ignorant, if that would be true my xeon is bottlenecking in csgo.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

How is the cpu bottlenecking if cpu cores are under 60% load? Tell me that. Im waiting. 

I know intel cpus are quite a lot better but saying 60%cpu load is a bottleneck is ignorant, if that would be true my xeon is bottlenecking in csgo.

It isn't a CPU load issue... whether at 90% of 1 core, or 90% of all cores, It's an IPC issue, always has been, always will be,...until Zen (maybe)

Even at 99% x8Cores it would still be an IPC issue.

AMD CPU's can bottleneck without having 100% CPU usage...

Even older Intel chips can..

The Q6600 from Intel, a 2.4Ghz Quadcore, I OC'd to 3.0Ghz x4Cores,.. Sniper elite 3 used a total of 20-30% load spread across 4 cores,..yet the GPU usage was at 50-90%.

IPC is the cause. Not core load.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

a CPU does not need to be fully utilized to be a bottleneck in games...if the chip can't process the instructions (threads) and answer GPU drawcalls fast enough...it's can become a bottleneck way before the CPU run's out of ressources.

Gaming is all about speed...how fast can your fastest cpu core process the main thread of the game engine is what dictates most of the gaming performance of a CPU.

...but the opposite situation CAN likely (not always) lead to a CPU bottleneck... if a core IS fully utilized by the game engine it can't process no more or any faster, therefore it can very likely lead once again to instructions and drawcalls being delayed or skipped and this can slow down the GPU (AKA CPU bottleneck).

The only real way of telling if you are facing a serious CPU bottleneck in games, is to monior the GPU loads while running the games WITHOUT VSYNC OR FRAMECAPS...that way you can tell if the GPU is fed all it can handle.

But again there's more to it than that...a GPU working at 100% load does not even mean that it's outputting the optimal amount of frames to the screen...that's why when you pair faster CPU with the same GPU, you get slightly better results even if both cpu being tested are able to feed the GPU to 100% load...but we'll not get into that, cause after that it goes down to minimum frame rates, frame pacing, frame time variances, micro-stuttering...all that good stuff...and we'll just say that the AMD FX-8350 is defenetly NOT a CPU to pair with higher end graphics solutions.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

a CPU does not need to be fully utilized to be a bottleneck in games...if the chip can't process the instructions (threads) and answer GPU drawcalls fast enough...it's can become a bottleneck way before the CPU run's out of ressources.

Gaming is all about speed...how fast can your fastest cpu core process the main thread of the game engine is what dictates most of the gaming performance of a CPU.

...but the opposite situation CAN likely (not always) lead to a CPU bottleneck... if a core IS fully utilized by the game engine it can't process no more or any faster, therefore it can very likely lead once again to instructions and drawcalls being delayed or skipped and this can slow down the GPU (AKA CPU bottleneck).

The only real way of telling if you are facing a serious CPU bottleneck in games, is to monior the GPU loads while running the games WITHOUT VSYNC OR FRAMECAPS...that way you can tell if the GPU is fed all it can handle.

But again there's more to it than that...a GPU working at 100% load does not even mean that it's outputting the optimal amount of frames to the screen...that's why when you pair faster CPU with the same GPU, you get slightly better results even if both cpu being tested are able to feed the GPU to 100% load...but we'll not get into that, cause after that it goes down to minimum frame rates, frame pacing, frame time variances, micro-stuttering...all that good stuff...and we'll just say that the AMD FX-8350 is defenetly NOT a CPU to pair with higher end graphics solutions.

K, didnt know that.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Then why both of them are running on so low percentage?

But when I swapped to intel, my gpu load is mostly at 90-99% (depending on the game).

But when my gpu is not at the 100% in some games it's simply because it doesn't need to use the full power.

There obviously is an issue with FX 8350 if with intel I don't have any fps issues whatsoever.

K, didnt know that.

A lot of people don't..

That's the problem to be honest.... people think it HAS to have 100% CPU core usage to bottleneck on whatever specific CPU/s is/are being used to drive the games engine.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz