Budget PC Gaming Build - Lost Money to continue old

Well My build that I have been running has just ended up costing me more then I can afford now due to bills.

I'm selling the current components I have to start over.

Currently I have

HAF 912 Advanced

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH

Intel Core i5-3470

8GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Vengenace LP

Corsair CX500

LG Blu-ray Reader/Writer

Whole Case Outfitted with Corsair SP120s

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Samsung 32gb mSATA SSD

Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler

I ended up not having enough money left to get a GPU.

What Components should I sell, and with that money + $50 what new components should I get?

1. Budget & Location
I Only Buy on eBay and Newegg, sometimes NCIX if they are cheaper. USD.

2. Aim
Gaming Mainly, I run games ranging from Minecraft to Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, and soon BF4 and GTA V.

3. Monitors
I Have Only 1 Monitor. An LG IPS 1080p (HDMI/DVI)

4. Peripherals
I own a retail version of Windows 8, and already own a gaming kb & mouse

5. Why are you upgrading?

~~~

I would sell the Blu-ray read/writer, the CPU Cooler, the SSD (If you can get the OS onto the 1TB), and then buy a GPU with what you have. 

Those are basically the "luxury" things imo. Things you don't necessarily need. 

I'd wager you could get $150 for those three things. That plus your $50 gives you enough for a GTX 760 if you can save up another $40/sell those parts for a little more than I would guess or you could get an AMD 7850.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I would sell the Blu-ray read/writer, the CPU Cooler, the SSD (If you can get the OS onto the 1TB), and then buy a GPU with what you have. 

Those are basically the "luxury" things imo. Things you don't necessarily need. 

I'd wager you could get $150 for those three things. That plus your $50 gives you enough for a GTX 760 if you can save up another $40/sell those parts for a little more than I would guess or you could get an AMD 7850.

SSD is only worth around $40. I have to have a CPU Cooler, I don't have the original intel one, and I could sell the Blu-ray drive, but still thats only around $50. So More like $90+ 50- $140, might have an extra $40 so still $180. Definitely an Idea. Hm.

SSD is only worth around $40. I have to have a CPU Cooler, I don't have the original intel one, and I could sell the Blu-ray drive, but still thats only around $50. So More like $90+ 50- $140, might have an extra $40 so still $180. Definitely an Idea. Hm.

The 7850/7870 is a great option. Don't hesitate getting those cards. The 7850 is especially one of the best value cards around and overclocks very easily.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 7850/7870 is a great option. Don't hesitate getting those cards. The 7850 is especially one of the best value cards around and overclocks very easily.

no it ain't the gtx 760/660 is better and sell ur wd black. those suck and save ur money for a barracuda, preferrably the 1tb version.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

no it ain't the gtx 760/660 is better and sell ur wd black. those suck and save ur money for a barracuda, preferrably the 1tb version.

The 760 isn't even on the same price bracket as the 7870. The 7850 is better than 660 when both overclocked.

Why sell a WD Black? It doesn't get better without getting a velociraptor. WD Black > Barracuda.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.