Airsoft/paintball Thread? Post your airsoft/paintball stuff.

Compl3xity_

Hey, LTT. I noticed many of you have computers, and was wondering if you guys have another expensive hobby. Mine was airsofting so I was wondering if any LTT members have any airsoft or paintball guns. I personally have 2, one is broken, and the other is decommisioned until Umarex USA gives me a replacement CO2 Plug. The broken one is my Lancer Tactical AK74U, it has a broken air nozzle and gearbox. The other is an Elite Force 1911 Tactical which has a tan and black color scheme and a jerry rigged laser pointer.

The AK74U:

post-190520-0-62714900-1425255956_thumb.

post-190520-0-22362800-1425255962_thumb.

The 1911:

post-190520-0-71136500-1425255939_thumb.

post-190520-0-68688600-1425255948_thumb.

post-190520-0-50260500-1425255970_thumb.

I really like Airsoft (I am sure I would like Paintball, but have never done it), often times I will run into not very mature kids though, and I am looking for some fun stuff with me and some buddies. 

Can you recommend a good beginner gun for paintball? I use to paintball when I was kid but that was a long time ago. I had a Tippmann 98 custom. I feel old now. I would like to get back into it. Any new guns for beginners?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippmann_98_custom

Edit: I still have it lol. Found it in the basement.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Can you recommend a good beginner gun for paintball? I use to paintball when I was kid but that was a long time ago. I had a Tippmann 98 custom. I feel old now. I would like to get back into it. Any new guns for beginners?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippmann_98_custom

Edit: I still have it lol. Found it in the basement.

I was just about to quote you and recommend that gun. It's awesome that you found it. 

I was just about to quote you and recommend that gun. It's awesome that you found it. 

The gun is so old lol. Guess I can clean it off and see if it still works. The box is covered in dust. It's an original 98 custom.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

The gun is so old lol. Guess I can clean it off and see if it still works. The box is covered in dust. It's an original 98 custom.

Dang, you should clean everything. For cleaning the barrel, get a thin, plastic rod and find a way to securely attach a piece of TP on it and slowly clean the inside. 

Dang, you should clean everything. For cleaning the barrel, get a thin, plastic rod and find a way to securely attach a piece of TP on it and slowly clean the inside. 

Would a regular gun cleaning kit work on it?

Edit: It's a kit for a Remington model 788 rifle

Check if the barrel cleaning rod fits down the barrel, and inspect the gun for damage or if it doesn't work. If the cleaning rod fits down the barrel, it should work.

Here are the two bb/pellet guns that I have. They're good for practicing accuracy, and the Winchester was the most realistic model that I could find, it's based off of an 18-inch barrel rifle.

Coming up, I'd like to get a pistol (BB) that has blowback. Maybe this one: http://www.airgundepot.com/winchester-1911-full-metal-bb-pistol-model-11.html

post-102461-0-96817700-1425257211_thumb.

post-102461-0-24304000-1425257213_thumb.

post-102461-0-71905300-1425257214_thumb.

post-102461-0-87889600-1425257215_thumb.

post-102461-0-96817700-1425257211_thumb.

post-102461-0-24304000-1425257213_thumb.

post-102461-0-71905300-1425257214_thumb.

post-102461-0-87889600-1425257215_thumb.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Check if the barrel cleaning rod fits down the barrel, and inspect the gun for damage or if it doesn't work. If the cleaning rod fits down the barrel, it should work.

While I'm excited to get back into paintballing is there a huge machine gun I can buy lol. That would be so awesome. I will have to look into paintball courses in my area. What clothes should I wear? Special gear or just regular heavy clothes?

I had a nice AIM sports red dot sight gifted to me from my cousin, but that same cousin took it back (for some reason). Short story short: he's a dickhead. I am saving up money (along side my gaming rig) for this gun: http://www.evike.com/products/43143 and getting an angled grip, red dot, proper gear (Chest rig, sling, gloves, dump pouch, mag pouches, and magazines), and a proper laser sight for my airsoft pistol.

EDIT: a picture of my complete cart: 

post-190520-0-76117000-1425258357.png

post-190520-0-76117000-1425258357.png

Argh these threads are such a tease :( Australia why don't u see the difference between a gun that shoots lethal rounds and a paintball gun -_-

The government are complete idiots that don't realise that guns are a hobby to a lot of people.

I kid you not, after the Sydney siege, the fuckwit Greens said that there needs to be tighter gun control in Australia even though it's strict enough as it is.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

While I'm excited to get back into paintballing is there a huge machine gun I can buy lol. That would be so awesome. I will have to look into paintball courses in my area. What clothes should I wear? Special gear or just regular heavy clothes?

For beginning paintballing, go with some regular heavy clothes (jacket maybe camo, shirt, long pants). I don't think you could buy a huge machine gun but there are dual trigger and automatic guns. You can also get a bigger paintball reservoir for your gun to have more ammo.

The government are complete idiots that don't realise that guns are a hobby to a lot of people.

I kid you not, after the Sydney siege, the fuckwit Greens said that there needs to be tighter gun control in Australia even though it's strict enough as it is.

Yea I read into Australia's laws on airsoft guns and regular guns. It's stupid.  

When I get my replacement CO2 plug for my 1911, I will upload a video of me shooting it. 

The 98 is the Ak of the paintball world. If it doesnt leak and not jammed then it will work.

Please dont. only the soft fuzzy swab would be of use. But that wont clean much on its own. Water and you can get a rubber swab for a couple dollars.

If you have more questions feel free to tag me. @GrimNeo

I guess I will have to find the pictures of all my paintball gear. Just played today.

Blarg

• 3 weeks later...

The 98 is the Ak of the paintball world. If it doesnt leak and not jammed then it will work.

Please dont. only the soft fuzzy swab would be of use. But that wont clean much on its own. Water and you can get a rubber swab for a couple dollars.

If you have more questions feel free to tag me. @GrimNeo

I guess I will have to find the pictures of all my paintball gear. Just played today.

the 98 is the ak what is the spyder?

don't have anything right now...

I do have a cheapo airsoft M4A1 + foregrip + holographic... but its semi-auto mode is broken...

I'd like to own an FN Five Seven airsoft someday...

the 98 is the ak what is the spyder?

Spyder is not quite as rugged. At least from what I have seen. The older ones are up there though. Not sure what you would compare them to.

Blarg

Spyder is not quite as rugged. At least from what I have seen. The older ones are up there though. Not sure what you would compare them to.

with all the old ones i own its like maybe replace 3 orings with no tools and it is as good as new

with all the old ones i own its like maybe replace 3 orings with no tools and it is as good as new

Sounds about right. I know on mine it stopped cycling the bolt so all I did was pull the bolt, clean it off and put it back in. But mine has a battery so I cant consider it rugged. Expecially since I cant just stick a normal 9v in.

Blarg

Sounds about right. I know on mine it stopped cycling the bolt so all I did was pull the bolt, clean it off and put it back in. But mine has a battery so I cant consider it rugged. Expecially since I cant just stick a normal 9v in.

most of the ones i have are not electronic but i do have a spyder clone with an e trigger that tends to fire in 2 round burst lol

most of the ones i have are not electronic but i do have a spyder clone with an e trigger that tends to fire in 2 round burst lol

Thats why I love my phantom. No batteries. Easy to work on.

Should take one of those spyders out to a field and play. I want to get a battery for mine so I can use it again and shoot all the rich fools with their $2000 setups.

Blarg