Desktop doesn't boot or post, then powers down

sandals100
Go to solution Solved by cesrai,

Clear the CMOS, either by removing the battery or consulting the manual.

So I just gave my desktop a blow through with a can of compressed air because it was getting quite dusty, after cleaning it I left it for about 2 mins and then proceeded to turn it on. It was able to successfully boot but after about 1 and a half minutes the computer just froze, my second display turned off and then the gpu's fans started running at top speed. Ever since then the computer won't boot at all I press the case button to turn it on and it turns on for a few seconds and then turns off. I haven't tried anything else to troubleshoot it but I will do it and post on here as I go. My system specs are in my signature. Another problem I had was that the card can no longer run at the stock speeds, everytime I try and game it just freezes as if I have oc'd it, so in order to run games I have to underclock the card and make sure that it is below 1.1 ghz in order to run games.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It worked with the GPU out now I have to try with it in. Will report back, thankyou

HOLY SHIT DUDE I THINK IT MAY HAVE WORKED. Thank you so much, many kisses (no homo) :)

HOLY SHIT DUDE I THINK IT MAY HAVE WORKED. Thank you so much, many kisses (no homo) :)

Glad to help.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Glad to help.

Feel a little dumb cause I didn't try that first xD

Feel a little dumb cause I didn't try that first xD

No worries.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ