Creating Custom Fan Labels

AngryGoldfish

There is a build I'm following on another forum that inspired an idea—one that I'm sure others have perfected already—and I thought that if you were one of those people or knew someone who was one of those people, you could offer a few pointers, or just let me know your opinion.

Essentially, what I'd like to do is find a local printer that is capable of printing on high quality sticky paper. Then I'd purchase a configurable circular paper punch and cut out the designs cleanly. I'd then stick them to the centre of the fans on the motors. I have three Fractal intake fans on my case and the back of them looks kind of ugly. I thought, as a way to spice things up and make my system more unique and individual, I would design a logo to cover over the original sticker and motor housing. I may also stick them to the exhaust fans to retain solidarity, but they look quite nice as they are as they are facing the 'right' way.

Here is an image of a few ideas I have been tinkering with. They are just the initial designs and are still being worked on. I'm using Inkscape at the moment and it is my first time using the software. I also have absolutely no training in art design and have no idea how I'm supposed to size them. They are purely for reference so don't judge. xD

pvi1i1d.png

By the way. my system's name is Disquiet.

I would make a secret point to know the middle of them, if they aren't exactly in the middle my OCD will kick in

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I would make a secret point to know the middle of them, if they aren't exactly in the middle my OCD will kick in

Oh, definitely. I would be doing this to the best of my ability or I wouldn't be doing it at all. I don't have OCD, but like others I love symmetry. ^_^ I will have to read the user's guide for Inkscape to found out how to do all the things I will need to do, and that's going to take some time.

Oh, definitely. I would be doing this to the best of my ability or I wouldn't be doing it at all. I don't have OCD, but like others I love symmetry. ^_^ I will have to read the user's guide for Inkscape to found out how to do all the things I will need to do, and that's going to take some time.

pssst ( I also don't have a real one) :D

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

pssst ( I also don't have a real one) :D

I didn't want to make any assumptions, but I kind of assumed you didn't really have OCD. :P I know, by definition it goes against the term Obsessive Compulsive, but I think we all have a little OCD in our ways. Autism is a huge spectrum, as is depression, so why wouldn't OCD?

I see what you did there, sir. Well played.

well of course slap um on the fan hubs and there we go :) I'll take 3 please. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress