Asus Rampage V Paintmod

Evoly

Hey there!

Im currently running in the same situation as Linus did in terms of options. Instead of blue I would like to paint it white. For anyone who didnt see his video: 

I have some additional questions. Would it be smart to put painters scrap or howerver this stuff is called into the pcie lines to keep them free from paint? And, additionally, how did he came out with the sata ports? I basicly just need a 10 feet mod and just from the front so i dont even need to paint into them.. some advices on how to do it "better" would be very great. I didnt start to read comments on his video. But maybe he did some advices on what he would have changed baside better coverage. 

Also some advices on how to cover stuff better would be great! So, if you have so ideas .. please share them!

Its just risky and you could get problems like linus got. Anyway its your MB so i support either way you go

Im actually planning on doing it with way more time then he did. I dont have dead DDR4 here. I have a dead graphics card to "clear" pci slots but as i mentioned. I'm more thinking about painting them by hand or using other painting techniques. For these few parts and mostly just "front" painting i wouldnt go for a spray can. 

Im actually planning on doing it with way more time then he did. I dont have dead DDR4 here. I have a dead graphics card to "clear" pci slots but as i mentioned. I'm more thinking about painting them by hand or using other painting techniques. For these few parts and mostly just "front" painting i wouldnt go for a spray can. 

plasti dip?

His guide was pretty good, if you want to mask areas that are hard to reach as he did liquid masking tape is a good option, as for covering ports it's would help but you can just leave it and insert and remove them until it wears off the paint that are on the contacts. Painting by hand would work well but may not be as even and smooth as using spray paint, but will require less masking.

plasti dip?

As for plasti-dip that wouldn't work well, it would tear or rip and tend to gum up inside of the slots, also before removing the masking it will need cut lines made along all edges before removing to prevent it from pulling up the surrounding plasti-dip.