New Headphones?

Yah, you can expect amazon to almost always have something for relatively the same price and always be "on sale"

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Sennheiser HD 598's

Best headset i've ever used. Can hear everything in games, Music is awesome and not too overpowering. Actually sounds like music instead of being inside a subwoofer.

Great headset. Well worth the money.

The whole HD 5X8 family should do pretty well if you can find them within that budget.  Love my 558's.

OP, don't be scared to check the used market for headphones.  I got my 558's used, and they were in nearly perfect condition.  Just be careful, though, because I picked up a pair of 439's for $20 on ebay, and even though the pictures looked pretty good, I ended up having to replace all three cushions because they were absolutely FILTHY.

The whole HD 5X8 family should do pretty well if you can find them within that budget. Love my 558's.

OP, don't be scared to check the used market for headphones. I got my 558's used, and they were in nearly perfect condition. Just be careful, though, because I picked up a pair of 439's for $20 on ebay, and even though the pictures looked pretty good, I ended up having to replace all three cushions because they were absolutely FILTHY.

I'll try to find some used, thanks!

I'll try to find some used, thanks!

Yeah, if you can find the 558/598 for $100 and under, they're definitely worth the price.

What do people think of the Razer Kraken Pro's? Are they any good? Should I get them as they are on sale for $50CAD off right now? Here's a link: http://www.ncix.com/detail/razer-kraken-pro-analog-gaming-0e-105388-1139.htm

Or should I use my current cheap headphones and stick a ModMic onto them when I get one?

Sure, if you don't want to wait until you get better headphones. If you're going to do that anyway, it would be a better use of money to save it until you get something really worth owning.

$60? ATH-TAD300. 

Although it's still a good idea to save some more and get a good one

A method that I'm implementing for almost any of my purchase, buy the cheapest one I can get, save the money while using that one, and when the time comes, buy the best (maybe the priciest) one I can afford. 

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B0042A8CW2/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&condition=usedShould I buy these when I save up enough money from work? I've checked Ebay but there aren't many used 598 for this price.

Meh.... Only if you think you want the benefit of ordering from amazon (returns are easy, etc).