RAT vs Snake

Wysoseriouss

Hey guys I'm trying to decide which mouse I want to get in the next month or so and I have narrowed it down to basically the R.A.T. 7 from Cyborg and the Razer Ouroboros mainly for their customisability and overall shape.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with either of these mice and if so, any thoughts on how they perform? I'm especially curious about the wireless on the Razer as I'm a little hesitant to use a wireless gaming mouse which is why I chose the R.A.T. 7 and not the 9.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

I have the ouroboros right now. I'll give you a brief overview.

It's Customizable but it simply makes it harder to find that perfect shape your previous mouse had earlier, so be prepared to fiddling and changing with it all the time. Right now, i've gotten used to my orobouros after mental blocking myself from changing it too much.  :D  so i guess thats a big plus. 

i also found myself swapping the side grips everytime i switch between gaming and internet cruising. its just too much of a hassle. 

Wireless mode works perfectly fine, other than some minor glitches. [WARNING: it's battery life is a total wreck if you plan on a whole day of continuous gaming. i kept having to change it from wireless to wired when i was simply cruising the web.] 

There are 2macro keys easy within reach (for me anyways. i got small hands so i cant reach the other two :unsure: ), so that really limits you if you're a big fan of MMOs. but i like it since it keeps it simple

I don't own a RAT7 so i can't really compare them. good luck choosing between the two!  :)

Hi, I have the R.A.T 7 and I can say that I am very happy with it.

It is extremely customisable and comes with a box that has spare and slightly different parts of everything that you can customise on the mouse, for example it comes with a smooth rubber palm rest but you can swap it out for a grippier textured one. I have the 6400dpi version and I don't really go over 2500dpi, maybe a little higher for certain games but that's it, so you'll have plenty of room to choose the dpi which suits you best. In the software it has loads and loads of options and profiles to choose from. You can literally remap every button on the mouse. You could even make it that when you click the left button it activates the right button if you wanted, very customisabled. I can't remember but I believe the number of profiles you can create is unlimited and every profile has 3 modes that you switch through with a button on the mouse, so you could have a profile focused around the scroller wheel on the mouse, on the first mode it could be used as a volume wheel (which is what I use it for), then the second mode it could be used to scroll the page up and down, then the third mode it could be used to scroll the page side by side. So really you have 3 profiles in one. You can also change the weight of the mouse, so if you want to move as fast as possible then you can take out all the weights or you can have a heavy but precise mouse, the accessory box which comes with the mouse comes with a little tube to keep your weights in so you don't lose them. It also feels very strong and sturdy and not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

The only real complaints I would have about the mouse it that on the left and right click buttons and on the palm rest the rubber is starting to mark and wear off. If you look at them you can see exactly where you place your fingers and exactly where you rest you palm the most, but this would be expected as it is rubber and you are using it everyday. Don't worry too much about this as you can't really see it unless you are up close to it and you certainly can't feel it, again don't worry too much about this as it takes a while to happen. Also when adjusting the palm rest on the biggest sizes for it it can start to wobble, you don't really notice it when using the mouse as you will have your palm rested on it I would imagine so it wouldn't be able to wobble, I have mine set to around half way through the biggest and smallest size and there is no real wobble, so unless you have very large hands there should be no real problem with this.

I have had no experience with the Ouroboros so I can't give my opinion on it but I would defiantly recommend the R.A.T 7

If you want to know anything more just message me and I'll try and help out anyway I can.

I hope that this has helped make your decision between these two mice. Good luck! :)

Mirror's Edge 2. One day.

I find both mice are meh, at best.  They have a ton of customization, which is nice but I found I was constantly tweaking and adjusting things in an attempt to find the best configuration but I was never able to find one. 

RAT 7 does have more buttons, which for MMOs might be more useful, though I think the Razer has better overall implementation.  I found with the RAT 7 that when adjusting the palm length, on any setting but the shortest there was a bit of wobble to it; nothing horrible but annoying when gaming.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I've never used the Ouroboros, but I have used the R.A.T 7 and I will never recommend it to anyone. I had problems with my sensor very quickly, and it turns out that it's a problem with a lot of the RAT mice. As Warcony said, the palm rest feels loose if it's extended even a little.

I've decided to rule out the R.A.T. 7 mainly because, after seeing some of the posts on here then doing some research, it seems that the sensor the cyborg mice use it ridiculously picky about what surface you use it on and even the smallest hair or bit of dust in the wrong place can throw it out and it will refuse to work properly. Shame too because I really love the shape and options on that mouse. So out of those two, the Razer is the winner.

However, I am open to suggestions for other mice if anyone here knows of any good mice with a similar, slightly flatter shape, preferably with weight customisation options. I was going to get the g500s but my ancient mx518 is starting to feel wrong in my hands which is why I'm looking for a new mouse and, from what I've seen, the g500s is basically the same shape.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

Do not get the RAT 7, i have one and kinda cant wait till it completely breaks so i can try out a Razer mouse. The RAT starts getting annoying problems after a few weeks of use. IDK how the newer models of the RAT are but i can tell you that the original RAT don't last as long as a mouse should last. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

Hey, not sure if you've purchased your mouse yet but I currently own a R.A.T. 7 and I have it run flawlessly on a Razer Vespula mouse pad. I know it fluctuates when it is not on the mouse pad. Excellent mouse for me though it gets a lot of flack

My system: i7 2600k @3.4ghz - Corsair h110 - ASRock z77 extreme4 - 2x EVGA GTX 770ti SLI - 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz  - 120gb Crucial m4 SSD - 1tb Caviar Black WD HDD - Silverstone ATX12V 1000W 80+ Gold PFC Power Supply - NZXT Phantom 820.

Peripherals: Corsair M95 - Corsair K70 - Razer Vespula - TrackIR 5 - 2x Asus VK278Q 27" 1080p 

RAT because snakes are scary.

Seriously get the RAT.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Seriously get the RAT.

Indiana Jones would approve sir

My system: i7 2600k @3.4ghz - Corsair h110 - ASRock z77 extreme4 - 2x EVGA GTX 770ti SLI - 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz  - 120gb Crucial m4 SSD - 1tb Caviar Black WD HDD - Silverstone ATX12V 1000W 80+ Gold PFC Power Supply - NZXT Phantom 820.

Peripherals: Corsair M95 - Corsair K70 - Razer Vespula - TrackIR 5 - 2x Asus VK278Q 27" 1080p 

Seriously get the RAT.

I would have suggested Snake purely based on OP's avatar. ;)

But simply looking at the two mice, if it were me, I'd take the Ouroboros.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2