Thermal Paste quick question

Does the thermal paste spreads more if heated more?

I did a pea method and after I finish re-applying the paste, I opened up a Bitcoin miner for a few minutes just to heat up the paste a bit. It reached 72-74 degrees. My pre-change temperature is averaging 52 on idle, and 60 on use. I used the free Thermaltake Frio paste.

Spoiler

not so much. Thermal paste doesn't always spread evenly, pea, or rice method gives you a good chance of it spreading evenly, but you could always squish it more one way than another. Try popping the cooler off, cleaning the contact surfaces, and reapplying the thermal paste.

Pea method is the best method in my opinion. As putting the heatsink on causes it to spread evenly(ish) over the cpu, covering what it needs. It doesn't dry so it doesn't really need time for it to start working, it'll start working right away. Heating will not cause the thermal paste to move about, the amount of pressure between the heatsink and cpu ensures of that, which is a good thing.

i7 4790k (Hyper 212 Evo); GA-Z87X-UD3H; 16gb G Skill PC3-19200 DDR3 @ 2400MHz; GeForce GTX 1080 ; Corsair CX600M 600W PSU; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB &  3TB HDD; Windows 10 64bit.