Thinking of a 8" Windows tablet

PUREVENOM

Hey guy I'm looking at getting a Windows tablet. I already have a surface pro 3 but I need something smaller to carry around. I'm in school and I do a lot of IT work. I've been looking at Dell and Lenovo. If anyone has suggestions please comment below

Dell venue 8 pro

Toshiba Encore 8 Write (if you need pen support)

HP stream 8

Oh, yeah, and a budget

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Would you consider the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8 with Windows and AnyPen? (Holy long name, Batman!)

(Can't link because Lizard Squad, but it's $299 or $249 if you can catch a deal)

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

HP stream 8. Full windows 8 with free year of windows 365 + I think 1tb of one drive storage.

i like my Lenovo Miix 2 ( have windows 10 TP on it now and works perfect and with the windows 10 installed no superfish xD )

Needs Update

I have the Dell Venue 8 pro (I believe they came up with a new model last year, got the old model)

Windows scaling is bad, requiring you to increase the size of everything in the options. Windows 8.1 is bad on tablet as well, especially if you choose one without a physical keyboard. Having to press the virtual keyboard button every single time you need to type something is a pain in the *** and gets old very quickly.

I personally installed Windows 10 on it, it's awesome compared to Windows 8.1, but it has it's issues, main one right now for me is that you can't/shouldn't update windows, as they are now forcing drivers updates on you through Windows update, which in turn result in blue screen on startup because the driver isn't correct for the Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet, requiring me to Reset windows to factory default. Hopefully they fix that in future build/before release. FIXED! That was fast.

All that said, as long as you have a physical bluetooth keyboard to go with it, it will be great for you.

As for the tablet itself, I feel like the touchscreen is a bit too sensitive, a quick search on google seems to indicate I'm not the only one with that problem. Can be somewhat mitigated with touchscreen calibration in windows though. The charging port is a ridiculous Rectangle shape micro a instead of the usual trapezoid micro b, meaning watch out which way you put the cable in or you risk breaking it.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/2000px-Types-usb_th1.jpg

(Yes, you can plug a Micro B cable in a Micro A port, it's just Dell being dumb)

Edit: Well praise Microsoft, they pulled the awful driver update that was ruining my life so I can update, there goes my main complaint. I wonder if it's because they read my feedback or if they figured it really wasn't for my device.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I have the Dell Venue 8 pro (I believe they came up with a new model last year, got the old model)

Windows scaling is bad, requiring you to increase the size of everything in the options. Windows 8.1 is bad on tablet as well, especially if you choose one without a physical keyboard. Having to press the virtual keyboard button every single time you need to type something is a pain in the *** and gets old very quickly.

I personally installed Windows 10 on it, it's awesome compared to Windows 8.1, but it has it's issues, main one right now for me is that you can't/shouldn't update windows, as they are now forcing drivers updates on you through Windows update, which in turn result in blue screen on startup because the driver isn't correct for the Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet, requiring me to Reset windows to factory default. Hopefully they fix that in future build/before release. FIXED! That was fast.

All that said, as long as you have a physical bluetooth keyboard to go with it, it will be great for you.

As for the tablet itself, I feel like the touchscreen is a bit too sensitive, a quick search on google seems to indicate I'm not the only one with that problem. Can be somewhat mitigated with touchscreen calibration in windows though. The charging port is a ridiculous Rectangle shape micro a instead of the usual trapezoid micro b, meaning watch out which way you put the cable in or you risk breaking it.

(Yes, you can plug a Micro B cable in a Micro A port, it's just Dell being dumb)

Edit: Well praise Microsoft, they pulled the awful driver update that was ruining my life so I can update, there goes my main complaint. I wonder if it's because they read my feedback or if they figured it really wasn't for my device.

Yea I was looking at the old dell from last year because we still have them at work. The model I was looking at was the 64gb for $230

Yea I was looking at the old dell from last year because we still have them at work. The model I was looking at was the 64gb for $230

I got mine for $150 (with shipping), used on ebay. In near perfect condition(add $15 for a case and screen protector). Only 32GB though and by default on Windows 8.1 with all the Dell junk, I barely had any free space(like4GB or something ridiculous like that). With Windows 10, with all the unnecessary Dell partitions deleted, I have about 10GB. Which is enough for my "regular" softwares, anything larger is in a fast 32GB MicroSD. I mean, it's a tablet, not like I'm going to install a 30GB steam game on it. So free space wasn't an issue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro