Corsair RGB Woes Continue

delslow

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=761020#post761020

From what I've gathered around the net, it doesn't look like they'll be able to deliver on the 16+ million colors they advertised.  Why isn't this a bigger topic?  I mean, the 970 false advertising blew up, but not a $150+ keyboard falsely advertised?  Is Corsair bullet-proof?

Only have a couple million colors to choose from is terrible.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

I don't plan on buying one for the millions of colors, I plan on buying one for about the 10 colors I'd actually use on the keyboard.

That's why I don't think it's a 970 level issue.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

0.5 gb of vram is much more important to me then my keyboard not having 16.8 million color. 

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Only have a couple million colors to choose from is terrible.

Try 512 out of the advertised 16.8 million... or 0.003% of the advertised number.

Try 512 out of the advertised 16.8 million... or 0.003% of the advertised number.

That's a lie. It's not 512

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

I'm assuming it will send the information required for 16.8million colours, but the LEDs aren't high quality enough to represent them.

Even cheap monitors have this problem, I don't see why people would care so much about this, when are you going to need to match your peripherals so accurately?

Despite what some people are claiming, Corsair's RGB keyboards are currently limited to 512 colours.  This has been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt and even admitted by Corsair.  Why people continue to claim otherwise is beyond me.  

In my opinion, the actual fault isn't particularly important.  The real issue is Corsair's failure to disclose it prior to the product's release, refusal to commit to a timeline for a fix and their false advertising which continues to this day.  It's extremely likely Corsair new about this issue before release but kept quiet so it wouldn't hurt sales.  There was absolutely no mention of the problem from Corsair until a user discovered it several weeks after release.  Corsair attempted to dispute the extent of the fault and deflect criticism until it was proven beyond any doubt. They claimed they would release a fix within "a couple of weeks" but four months have passed without any sign of it.  Their latest update has no mention of a timeline, simply a promise to release a fix "when it's ready".  

Even worse, Corsair continues to promote and advertise the product as being capable of 16.8m colours.  It's featured prominently on advertisements and product packaging.  Corsair hasn't even removed it from the product page on their own website!  They have continued to make false claims in advertising MONTHS after they were forced to admit the existence of the fault.  This is blatant fault advertising and shows a serious ethical deficiency. I'd really like to see Linus cover the story after advertising the keyboards so heavily on his channel.  

-snip'd-

Linus already brushed this issue off, basically. Their are many products with the RBGs that claim "16.8 million color" but obviously can't so what can you do about all those false claims.

Although Corsair really pushed sales on the lighting capabilities of the hardware, that technically can do it, they really screwed up the software end. If there is a reason to be upset then it's at how long it's taken them to get this fixed and not so much that it's false advertising.

• 3 weeks later...

Linus already brushed this issue off, basically. Their are many products with the RBGs that claim "16.8 million color" but obviously can't so what can you do about all those false claims.

Although Corsair really pushed sales on the lighting capabilities of the hardware, that technically can do it, they really screwed up the software end. If there is a reason to be upset then it's at how long it's taken them to get this fixed and not so much that it's false advertising.

Being sponsored by Corsair, it's gotta be pretty tough to throw them under the bus.  I think LTT tries to stay away from controversial stuff so as to not piss off potential sponsors, but they sure do love bashing on Apple.  =P