Where to buy a block of IP's

Judahnator
Go to solution Solved by insayan,

Thanks,

Do you happen to know if it is possible to do a group-buy? Our company definitely does not need 65,000 IP's in a /24 block

There's a list of brokers on the APNIC site but most sell ARIN IP's as well

My company would like to buy a block of IP's. Not too many, at least not yet.

We were thinking about 16 (a /28 network) IP's would be good.

We are stuck with TWC, and they dont offer portable IP's that we can take to another carrier, and ARIN does not sell anything less than a /24 block.

So, does anyone know where a good place to start would be?

Thanks,

~Judah

~Judah

Don't think you'll find portable IP's from anyone else but ARIN.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Don't think you'll find portable IP's from anyone else but ARIN.

Thanks,

Do you happen to know if it is possible to do a group-buy? Our company definitely does not need 65,000 IP's in a /24 block

~Judah

Thanks,

There's a list of brokers on the APNIC site but most sell ARIN IP's as well

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Thanks,

/24 is only 254 usable IPs 

If you want only 16 your best bet is to purchase them from an ISP and then segment your network in a way that if you do need to change providers in the future you can make changes in phases and don't have to do everything at one time to get back up and running.

To my knowledge the minimum you can buy is a /24, that's 256 IPs.

/24 is only 254 usable IPs 

If you want only 16 your best bet is to purchase them from an ISP and then segment your network in a way that if you do need to change providers in the future you can make changes in phases and don't have to do everything at one time to get back up and running.

My bad, dont know where my math screwed up there. I was sure /24 was much more than 256.

~Judah

My bad, dont know where my math screwed up there. I was sure /24 was much more than 256.

I'm horrible in math but the way I calculate it is 32-24=8 and 11111111 in binary is 255.

Storage Asustor AS7004T

I'm horrible in math but the way I calculate it is 32-24=8 and 11111111 in binary is 255.

I see where i went wrong, instead of doing 2^8 i did 2^16. Thats almost funny

~Judah