Z97 Motherboards

Hey guys I am looking at a new Z97 motherboard and wanted to ask if any of you had/has the ASUS Maximus VII HERO or RANGER. Also, MSI Z97 MPower comes to play.

Tell me if you have any experience with these mobos and also, if you think there is a mobo I should know about, let me know.

Thx :)

Hey guys I am looking at a new Z97 motherboard and wanted to ask if any of you had/has the ASUS Maximus VII HERO or RANGER. Also, MSI Z97 MPower comes to play.

Tell me if you have any experience with these mobos and also, if you think there is a mobo I should know about, let me know.

Thx :)

The Hero and Ranger are akmist the same thing, with the Ranger lacking a couple SATA ports and some other minor stuff. I'd get the Ranger since it'd be cheaoer, but I had the Hero and loved it

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Ranger is best bang for buck now in Maximus 7 line. its a lovely and much better looking board then others.

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

Ranger is best bang for buck now in Maximus 7 line. its a lovely and much better looking board then others.

There is no such thing as "Bang for the buck" with Asus motherboards 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

The Hero and Ranger are akmist the same thing, with the Ranger lacking a couple SATA ports and some other minor stuff. I'd get the Ranger since it'd be cheaoer, but I had the Hero and loved it

Well actually they are not the same. Ranger will run SLI in PCIe x8, while the Hero can do full x16. :)

And while this does not mean a lot in the real world, is is definately worth mentioning.

Thank you (:

Well actually they are not the same. Ranger will run SLI in PCIe x8, while the Hero can do full x16. :)

And while this does not mean a lot in the real world, is is definately worth mentioning.

Thank you (:

Both the Ranger and the Hero can only do x8 x8 SLI, as the chips only have 16 PCI-E lanes. 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I have and use the VII Hero, I think it's pretty good. Any questions just ask :)

Computer Spec: CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.85GHz Delided    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero    RAM: Corsair Vengence 2*4GB    GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970    PSU: Corsair RM650    Boot Drive: Crucial MX100 256GB SSD    Storage: 1TB WD Blue HDD   Case: NZXT H440 Red and Black 

Cooling: EK PWM D5 Pump & EK 140ML RES Combo unit , EK Supremacy Evo CPU Block , 360mm Alphacool Radiator , 3 Noctua NF-F12 Fans on the radiator , Some fancy fittings

Ok thank you all for your answers and time :))

I will go for Ranger in the end,

Have a good one!

I have and use the VII Hero, I think it's pretty good. Any questions just ask :)

Oh I see you have 8GB RAM, all say it is 'enough', but is it enough in the way that is is just 'enough' or is it that you won't be able to tell the difference from 16GB?

thx :)

Oh I see you have 8GB RAM, all say it is 'enough', but is it enough in the way that is is just 'enough' or is it that you won't be able to tell the difference from 16GB?

thx :)

There will be a few fps lost but I personally dont max out my ram but my GPU. SO going from 8GB to 16GB would have no difference unless you are editing or run many applications at once as in programmer or CAD.

Computer Spec: CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.85GHz Delided    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero    RAM: Corsair Vengence 2*4GB    GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970    PSU: Corsair RM650    Boot Drive: Crucial MX100 256GB SSD    Storage: 1TB WD Blue HDD   Case: NZXT H440 Red and Black 

Cooling: EK PWM D5 Pump & EK 140ML RES Combo unit , EK Supremacy Evo CPU Block , 360mm Alphacool Radiator , 3 Noctua NF-F12 Fans on the radiator , Some fancy fittings

Are 2 8 gig sticks of ram equivalent to four 4 gig sticks of ram? I know gig wise. But is it better to get 4 sticks or just 2 sticks.

4 4GB sticks may have more performance, run cooler and are also dearer. but honestly its not a noticable difference. 2 8GB sticks will have better upgradibility if you plan on moving to 32GB in future.

@peebis

There is no such thing as "Bang for the buck" with Asus motherboards 

Read the post carefully and Ranger is a bang for the buck for ROG VII owners .

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.