I liked Crysis 2 more than Crysis 3. Here's why

Thibaudv

So I just finished Crysis 3 (bought it for 15EUR !) after playing all the games in the Crysis series.

I liked Crysis 2 the most, because in my opinion it had the best storyline, and the music was just epic.

In Crysis 3, the storyline was awesome too, but it was really short and the music didn't reach the level it did in the second installment in the crysis series.

This made me realise that for me, music in singleplayer campaigns is really important, as it sets my mood for a game.

Do you guys experience this too?

And if so, can you guys recommend any games with epic music like in crysis 2? (I really liked the music in COD: MW1/2/3 too, sadly graphics etc were a bit less, and multiplayer... well yeah you get what I mean)

PS: If we're talking multiplayer, Crysis 3 gets my vote :)

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Music is largely what sells a lot of JRPG's along with their story. Final Fantasy being an example.

I'm not very well versed in FPS games in regards to music and story. However, the Last of Us was amazing. I consider that game worth buying a used PS3 for. Literally. 

The music, the story, the beautiful graphics (even for a PC, they are pretty legit), it all just culminates into an awesome game. 

Beyond that, not many FPS games have good stories imo. None of them can adequately engross me, but then again I grew up on JRPG's and other games that had immersive stories and musical scores, so my expectations are much higher than most people's.

Play Spec Ops: The Line. It's an FPS, but it has an amazing story as well. Not sure on the music, but I can guarantee, if you beat it, you won't walk away from that game disappointed. It's for PC too (if I'm not mistaken).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

FPS games have stories?

The singleplayer story aspect of those games is often forgotten; altough some of them are surprisingly good!

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

To be honest i liked crysis 3's story more.It had much more connection to the first game than 2 did.They are all good games but I think crysis 2 seamed more linear and not as in depth as the first or third to me.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                                      RAM: 16gb kington hyperx predator                                                               Drives: 120GB kingston hyperx,1tb westerdigital caviar greeen

Motherboard: Asus Maximus hero vIII                  Graphics Card: geforce Titan xp                                                                                                                                     PSU:XFX 850w pro

Case: Coolermaster HafX                                     CPU Cooler:Undervolted sp120 pushpull H100i                   Deathadder black edition-filco majestouch ninja 2             Monitor:    3xAcer H236HL 

i agree with you on music in single player games setting the mood, a good example i think would be in Far Cry 3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i didnt like any crysis

BLAOW!!!!

I love the music in Uncharted 1 and 2 so far; not exactly a PC game, but still. Adds to the sense of realism.

There is a flipside though: lack of music. Sometimes, having music where there isn't supposed to be any takes away from the suspense/experience.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Loved the soundtracks from these games: Max Payne 3, Bastion and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I loved both, but yes there are aspects of 2 I liked more than 3, and vice versa. both pretty good fun. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

The more i play crysis 3's multiplayer the more i think it was designed and balanced for consoles instead of pc's.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                                      RAM: 16gb kington hyperx predator                                                               Drives: 120GB kingston hyperx,1tb westerdigital caviar greeen

Motherboard: Asus Maximus hero vIII                  Graphics Card: geforce Titan xp                                                                                                                                     PSU:XFX 850w pro

Case: Coolermaster HafX                                     CPU Cooler:Undervolted sp120 pushpull H100i                   Deathadder black edition-filco majestouch ninja 2             Monitor:    3xAcer H236HL 

The more i play crysis 3's multiplayer the more i think it was designed and balanced for consoles instead of pc's.

i think crysis 3 MP is cod MP but without it looking like shit :|

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i think crysis 3 MP is cod MP but without it looking like shit :|

What i think is most annoying is the guns don't have normal recoil patterns there all over the place randomly,so you cant actually aim, for consoles that makes it easier.For pc it sucks.

What i think is most annoying is the guns don't have normal recoil patterns there all over the place randomly,so you cant actually aim, for consoles that makes it easier.For pc it sucks.

XDDD yea but when i played a few weeks ago it was all campers with the bow and sniper so it felt pretty cod like

I am not a big fan of crysis, the only reason I play it is to test whether my pc can run the most demanding games.

CPU: i5 3570K; Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V; RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB); GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr; Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition; Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue (500GB); PSU: Thermaltake Modular PSU 750 Watts

I recently realised how important music is as well, I tried to play Zelda twilight princess and the music in the depressed me I quit after an hour

I don't normally post on forums, but when I do... that was it.

FPS games have stories?

Yeah! Haven't you ever played Duke Nukem 3D or Quake 1 that had an epic story...

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

Don't know who did the music in Crysis 3 but Crysis 2 was done by Hans Zimmer/Tilman Sillescu and Borislav Slavov so you can only expect epic music from this combo :)

The one game that pops up into my mind is Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigher 1 + 2 (Music by Tom Salta). (Console version, pc version is a pile of .... )

I'm not sure why the music in this game me such a "i don't know how to explain, Epic maybe" mood.

I feel like playing the game everytime i hear this :)

Stepping away from FPS, World of Warcraft has beautiful music aswell.

- Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero - CPU: I7 4770K @ 4.3GHz - Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i - RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB  - HDD: Samsung 840 series Pro 256GB - GPU: GTX 780 SLI - PSU: Corsair Corsair AX1200i - Case: Corsair Obsidian 550d -

The one game that pops up into my mind is Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigher 1 + 2 (Music by Tom Salta). (Console version, pc version is a pile of .... )

I'm not sure why the music in this game me such a "i don't know how to explain, Epic maybe" mood.

I feel like playing the game everytime i hear this :)....

Dude I totally agree. I don't remember which one it was, but in GRAW when you are on the mission to rescue the president/ambassador/whatever he was and you have to hold off the enemy for a couple of minutes.... biggest sound boner I've ever gotten.