Looking for a good optical gaming mouse.

KieranThePCGuy

Hi all,

I currently have some cheap thing from eBay that I'm using at the moment. Was looking at the G400; But wanted to ask the community about good optical gaming mice.

I don't want an expensive one, as there is no way I would use all the features.

Just want a comfy right hand mouse, with a couple of thumb buttons, and on the fly DPI. Would love a ratchet scroll wheel so I can feel the clicks so I don't scroll to fast, but this is not an necessity. Plus, a rubber grip or anything EXCEPT glossy :P

The G400 is about £30 for me from Amazon UK.

EDIT: Would like it to go with a Black and Red colour scheme by the way guys, I know the G400 does not really but it doesn't have any glowing L.E.D's or anything like that :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

A death adder?

Sorry, I should have added I would like it to go with the Black and Red scheme I want going on, I know the G400 doesn't match it, kind of, but it doesn't have any glowing L.E.D's so it doesn't bother me :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

If you can find it, go with a g9x, old but gold from Logitech

I'll have to have a look and see what I can find mate! Thanks!

I'll have to have a look and see what I can find mate! Thanks!

Black body with led that can be customized to the red colour :)

Black body with led that can be customized to the red colour :)

Just had a look and it's so expensive here! :O And most of them are refurbished :( But it's perfect for what I need. There is the MW3 branded one but, there is no way I'm getting that version :P 

Just had a look and it's so expensive here! :o And most of them are refurbished :( But it's perfect for what I need. There is the MW3 branded one but, there is no way I'm getting that version :P

Its about 10euros more than the G400

Its about 10euros more than the G400

Where from? I'm based in the UK and here it is a lot more expensive.

Sorry, I should have added I would like it to go with the Black and Red scheme I want going on, I know the G400 doesn't match it, kind of, but it doesn't have any glowing L.E.D's so it doesn't bother me :P

You can turn off the leds on the death adder..

Thankyou, but the one from Amazon is about £78 whereas the G400 is about £30

The eBay one is good but not sure how long refurbished items last for, plus it might get battered around in shipping depending on the packaging :(

You can turn off the leds on the death adder..

Okay, thankyou for letting me know, I didn't know this.

I'd say G400 is the clear winner. I have been using mine for about 6 months, I had an MX518 before that and a Logitech MX500 before that. Not a single one has broke, and I haven't had a single problem with anyone of them.

For comparison I had a Deathadder 3.5g for a brief moment. Overall nice mouse, build quality just seems to bee a bit crappy. Mine lasted for about 6 months, after that the scrollwheel broke. This seems to be the problem on MANY deathadders. So after that I switched happily back to the Logitech camp .

Get the G400, that's my advise.

I'd say G400 is the clear winner. I have been using mine for about 6 months, I had an MX518 before that and a Logitech MX500 before that. Not a single one has broke, and I haven't had a single problem with anyone of them.

For comparison I had a Deathadder 3.5g for a brief moment. Overall nice mouse, build quality just seems to bee a bit crappy. Mine lasted for about 6 months, after that the scrollwheel broke. This seems to be the problem on MANY deathadders. So after that I switched happily back to the Logitech camp .

Get the G400, that's my advise.

Thankyou for your reply buddy. That's good to hear and good advice. Thankyou very much.

the new deathadder 2013 or the G100s and G400s. Also didnt Coirsair just launch a new optical gaming mouse?