Why is my ssd slow

what port is it pluged into ?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Well its faster than mine (ocz vertex 3 120GB).

cdm.jpg?t=1372688358

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Mh, the problem is that I really don`t know if the ssd is slow or if it`s a normal speed. My ssd spesification is about 500 Mb/s read and write. I know that I can`t trust the manufacture spesifications, but I did not think that the real preformance would be that different!

anandtech did a comparison on ssd drives and scored a similar read speed to yours but the seq. write speed was faster. That could have something to do with your setup  like the os, remaining capacity, or it could be your motherboard. But seeing as it is faster than mine and not that far behind theirs I wouldn't worry. 

In another year or two ssd's will be so cheap we will all have a couple in raid 0 so it won't matter. :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yours is doing quite a bit better than mine (mostly):

Capture_zps4020044f.png?t=1372730758

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

anandtech did a comparison on ssd drives and scored a similar read speed to yours but the seq. write speed was faster. That could have something to do with your setup  like the os, remaining capacity, or it could be your motherboard. But seeing as it is faster than mine and not that far behind theirs I wouldn't worry. 

In another year or two ssd's will be so cheap we will all have a couple in raid 0 so it won't matter. :)

Yeah, you have totaly right there ;) Thanks for the reply! 

Yours is doing quite a bit better than mine (mostly):

Capture_zps4020044f.png?t=1372730758

Yup, then i guess I dont have anything to worry about. But it`s a big shock to that the "factory" specs are lying that much. Yeah, i knew that there would be a different....but not in that amount :( 

Intel520 120GB

Yeah represent!!!

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

1. Check if your SSD is connected to 6 gb/s port

2. Laughable but check if it is connected with a 6gb/s cable (3gb/s looks the same)

3. check in your BIOS if the HDD mode is not set to IDE

but your speeds seem fine for real life use. I wouldn`t be worried.

The 4k speed is the most important and it is good in your case.

Gl

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

I have a vertex 4 128gb and that is about the same speeds I am getting. 

As long as the boot speed and program load times continue to be super fast I don't care about the actual read speed. 

this seems fine to me but its way off the manufacturers claim !

see to it if AHCI mode is enabled for the ssd in the BIOS and if it is properly connected in the 6Gbps Sata connector !

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Your partitions may not be aligned correctly. I don't know what OS you are running, but it is worth checking if they are.

http://lifehacker.com/5837769/make-sure-your-partitions-are-correctly-aligned-for-optimal-solid-state-drive-performance

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

I run windows 8 64-bit and I have checked both my connections and bios. From what I`ve seen so far I have pretty normal speeds.