How to record a game at a certain fps while playing at a different fps

crystal6tak
Go to solution Solved by Slater,

If you're using fraps its as simple as in the "Movies" tab just select the FPS you want to record at and make sure you UNTICK the box marked "Lock framerate while recording". This lets you record at the framerate you want and still lets you play normally with maybe a bit of a hit in performance, because fraps can affect game performance.

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, I hope it is. But as the title says. How do I for example record a game 30fps while playing the game at like 60fps? If it is possible which recording program allows this and any tutorial on how to do it? 

If you're using fraps its as simple as in the "Movies" tab just select the FPS you want to record at and make sure you UNTICK the box marked "Lock framerate while recording". This lets you record at the framerate you want and still lets you play normally with maybe a bit of a hit in performance, because fraps can affect game performance.

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

DXtory, Msi Afterburner can do that. I also think that Open Broadcast Software can do it. Both Msi Afterburner and OBS is free I believe. :)

I prefer msi afterburner. Do I just set Framerate at the recorded fps and Framerate limit at the fps I keep the game at? As the example shown on the first post. I set Framerate to 30 and Framerate limit to 60. Is that correct?

Thank you for the response! Sadly I don't use fraps, file size too big and isn't free.

No worries, based on what you said about MSI afterburner, i'd assume that would be correct. Logically that would be how you'd set it up, though i've never used it before so i can't really say much but i'd say that would be the right way of doing it :)

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

No worries, based on what you said about MSI afterburner, i'd assume that would be correct. Logically that would be how you'd set it up, though i've never used it before so i can't really say much but i'd say that would be the right way of doing it :)

Alright thanks!