Need First Build Feedback on Partslist

Hello,

Thank you for checking out my post. I have watched a ton of LinusTechTips youtube channel and I thought this would be the best place to get feedback. 

Here is my desired build based on my budget. (Budget meaning I wouldn't want to go any lower than these specs but I can't really go higher in cost) I welcome all feedback as this is my very first computer build. I will be using it ONLY for playing games. Here is the link to my build on PCPartPicker.com (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZzrkmG)

If you know of a lower price or something that I could get cheaper that works just as good, please let me know. Thank you!  :)

Zach

Well, everything looks to be in order here. I'd maybe recommend you only get 8GB of RAM, and a better case if you'd want to. You could even cut the RAM back and buy an SSD if you'd want. If you must have 16GB though, I'd say you're pretty good to go here!

Change the 960 for an AMD R9 280x in order to get more gaming power for almost the same price. 

looks fine id get a ssd with that (120GB) and try to get Ethernet instead of wireless 

EDIT: also YOU do not need 16GB of ram for gaming and browsing the web if your doing that. stick with 8. Way too much 

Well, everything looks to be in order here. I'd maybe recommend you only get 8GB of RAM, and a better case if you'd want to. You could even cut the RAM back and buy an SSD if you'd want. If you must have 16GB though, I'd say you're pretty good to go here!

Thank you! I thought about lowering the RAM but would it make more sense to lower it now to get an SSD or have to upgrade it later? The case isn't so much important to me. 

Change the 960 for an AMD R9 280x in order to get more gaming power for almost the same price. 

Honestly, I know nothing about AMD besides they are cheaper. I don't understand the naming convention which is why I went straight for Intel. Maybe you could point me to something that would educate me a little more?

looks fine id get a ssd with that (120GB) and try to get Ethernet instead of wireless 

EDIT: also YOU do not need 16GB of ram for gaming and browsing the web if your doing that. stick with 8. Way too much 

Ok, I was just thinking for the future. But you're the second person to mention that. I have wireless because my modem is too far from me and I don't have an easy way of running a cord to it. Thank you for your help!

Honestly, I know nothing about AMD besides they are cheaper. I don't understand the naming convention which is why I went straight for Intel. Maybe you could point me to something that would educate me a little more?

Technical Numbers: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-280X-vs-GeForce-GTX-960 (Don't be fooled by stock clock speeds as non reference cards go far beyond them)

There are not many decent video comparisons, but here is a review of the R9 280x: 

I made some edits thanks to your guys feed back! Please let me know if you can think of anything else? Do you think this can run most games at full settings? 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/G6KfCJ

Thanks!