Leak question

Chiobe

I have filled my loop and is currently bleeding the system.

It seems I made a poor choice when it came to plugs, as I had to replace the once I had mounted on the GPUs.

Guess the EK badge plugs are ether not meant for where I used them or they are the wrong size/too short threads.

Anyway, how long should my motherboard dry before its safe to power on my system?

Also, how long should I leak test?

I'm using EK coolant, if that matter.

leave it 24h to dry and 24h with pump running with pc off to test

Let the mobo sit for 24hrs with a fan blowing across it. Then when you go back to test your loop again, only have the pump plugged in and jump the 24 pin connector so that you don't have any power going to any components and let the pump run for 24hrs.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Does 24 leak test mean leaving the pc powered on durring the night, when I'm a sleep?

Yes, or you can turn it off when you sleep, and then continue when you wake up.

If you are worried about the noise, you can turn off the fans since there is no heat output.

Also, the only fans I have, are pc fans. Should I try and put a few of them on the motherboard?

that will work

Yes, or you can turn it off when you sleep, and then continue when you wake up.

If you are worried about the noise, you can turn off the fans since there is no heat output.

I was more thinking in the line of saving the system, if a leak where to happend.

Even if only the pump is powered on, so I'm not sure the pc like to soak in water.

I was more thinking in the line of saving the system, if a leak where to happend.

Even if only the pump is powered on, so I'm not sure the pc like to soak in water.

large leaks you see rigth when you get the hole system water up (deppends where the leak is).

Tiny leaks, i would say any component can handel (you dry/clean them before use offcorse) as they arent power up on leak/bleed test.

Set with kitchen paper under any fittings you have so you see leak clearly when you wake up.

and ofcorse your PSU isnt in the case when you do the leak/bleed test so any water cant go in it...

large leaks you see rigth when you get the hole system water up (deppends where the leak is).

Tiny leaks, i would say any component can handel (you dry/clean them before use offcorse) as they arent power up on leak/bleed test.

Set with kitchen paper under any fittings you have so you see leak clearly when you wake up.

and ofcorse your PSU isnt in the case when you do the leak/bleed test so any water cant go in it...

I know about everything else, but you need to remove the PSU?

Or are you talking about the extra PSU that is only powering the pump?

I have filled my loop and is currently bleeding the system.

It seems I made a poor choice when it came to plugs, as I had to replace the once I had mounted on the GPUs.

Guess the EK badge plugs are ether not meant for where I used them or they are the wrong size/too short threads.

Anyway, how long should my motherboard dry before its safe to power on my system?

Also, how long should I leak test?

I'm using EK coolant, if that matter.

If there are any leaks, u will see them in first 5 minutes. Then, make a cup of tea and stay near pc about 1 hour.

After that, quick look in every 30 minutes will be fine.

As was mentioned before, it's better to keep leak testing for 24 hours.

Okay, the pc has been drying out over night.

So I should be able to spend the rest of the day bleeding and test leaking the system.

As long as there is no more leaks, so should I be good to power up tomorrow.

You can spend 24 hours now or weeks & money if some leak would shorten your system (touch the wood).

If there are any leaks, u will see them in first 5 minutes. Then, make a cup of tea and stay near pc about 1 hour.

After that, quick look in every 30 minutes will be fine.

As was mentioned before, it's better to keep leak testing for 24 hours.

You can spend 24 hours now or weeks & money if some leak would shorten your system (touch the wood).

It will be leak testing for 24 hours, it just that it does that while the motherboard is still drying from the leak I had yesterday.

The motherboard have had 12 hours with a fan blowing on it, so leaving it drying for another day, should dry it completly.