[US - Amazon] 2.5" 300GB 10000RPM WD VelociRaptor $59 Shipped

Earache

I found this on PC Part Picker while browsing for an alternative drive.

Yes, it's only 300GB, but it's inexpensive and faster than most traditional HDD's. This is one of the least expensive 7200RPM+ drives that I've found at 19.6¢ per/GB.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IOASHS/?tag=pcpapi-20

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

To be honest you could get a 120gb ssd for 50 or so and a 240 for like 70/75$ amd as for somone who owns 15.3k rpm drives is just dosent seem to help much

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

To be honest you could get a 120gb ssd for 50 or so and a 240 for like 70/75$ amd as for somone who owns 15.3k rpm drives is just dosent seem to help much

This would be for somebody who wants more storage than a SSD ($/GB) with higher performance than a traditional HDD.

I'll be pairing this with my SSD in my laptop for a good ratio between performance and storage at a fair cost.

I rather just get this.....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-blue-1tb-internal-sata-hard-drive-for-desktops-oem-bare-drive-blue/6331502.p?id=1219470783344

WD - Blue 1TB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Desktops (OEM/Bare Drive) - Blue

for 44.99

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

ALSO look at the specs 

• Engineered to fit into blade servers and other enterprise storage configurations; not designed for use in laptop or notebook computers

it will kill your battery if it even spins in a laptop

All of those drives are 3.5"

oh oopsy me......

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Again, all of those drives are < 7200RPM.

i really don't think your going to get a big boost in performance and again like i said your laptop can NOT run the drive you piked im just looking out for you read the protect specs on amazon. but hey its your choice (not trying to sound like a ass)

i really don't think your going to get a big boost in performance and again like i said your laptop can NOT run the drive you piked im just looking out for you read the protect specs on amazon. but hey its your choice (not trying to sound like a ass)

I did and I appreciate your enthusiasm. My laptop has larger than normal hard drive cavities and based on my measurements I'm confident that it will work just for me.

I never referenced this as anything that it isn't. A 2.5" faster than consumer based HDD.

Performance/price is in many ways subjective. Why do you think people spend more than "necessary" on components. Because it's a hobby and some people want to experiment. 

I did and I appreciate your enthusiasm. My laptop has larger than normal hard drive cavities and based on my measurements I'm confident that it will work just for me.

I never referenced this as anything that it isn't. A 2.5" faster than consumer based HDD.

Performance/price is in many ways subjective. Why do you think people spend more than "necessary" on components. Because it's a hobby and some people want to experiment. 

im just worried about battery performance. not the actual space you need for the drive.  

im just worried about battery performance. not the actual space you need for the drive.  

I never recommended that others purchase it because it's a good drive for laptops. That's just how I came across it and it should work for me.

My laptop is rarely used without my cooling base and a consistent power source. It's an older 17" laptop  :)

Getting a cheap ssd would be much better, just run that instead of optical drive.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I never recommended that others purchase it because it's a good drive for laptops. That's just how I came across it and it should work for me.

My laptop is rarely used without my cooling base and a consistent power source. It's an older 17" laptop  :)

Ok ok you win when you do get i would realy like to see some benchmarks and maby even some real world test 

to anyone who wants to buy this:

Save your money, get an SSD. Or just settle for a normal hard drive. I dont see the point. Speed -> SSD | storage/budget-> hard drive

This just isnt fast enough over a traditional drive to be worth it

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Haha, I'm very surprised to see all of the controversy surrounding this deal.

Getting a cheap ssd would be much better, just run that instead of optical drive.

This deal is about an hard drive, not an optical drive..

Ok ok you win when you do get i would realy like to see some benchmarks and maby even some real world test 

I currently have two SSD's in my laptop so I can benchmark it against that, but it's hardly a fair comparison. If you're legitimately interested, sub to the thread and I'll test.

to anyone who wants to buy this:

Save your money, get an SSD. Or just settle for a normal hard drive. I dont see the point. Speed -> SSD | storage/budget-> hard drive

This just isnt fast enough over a traditional drive to be worth it

We get it. Everyone should have an SSD, etc..

These are literally pointless now that ssds are affordable, they were launched when ssds were unreliable and expensive. And lol at the guy who claims he's installing one in his laptop, either a. He is installing that big boy into his laptop b. He's lying to try to not look stupid from the previous post. I doubt the laptop could even fit it, but maybe his 17 in laptop is 4 inches thick. Edit: 16mb cache  :huh:

This deal is about an hard drive, not an optical drive..

You don't get it...

For many laptops, space for optical drive is the only place to ADD a hard drive instead of replacing one.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

You don't get it...

For many laptops, space for optical drive is the only place to ADD a hard drive instead of replacing one.

What don't I get? My laptop has room for two hard drives from the factory.

When you make assumptions.. Well you know..

What don't I get? My laptop has room for two hard drives from the factory.

When you make assumptions.. Well you know..

I'm not making assumption for your specific case.

When YOU make assumptions...well you know you are wrong; because you thought I was talking about optical drive for some reason.

I'm not making assumption for your specific case.

When YOU make assumptions...well you know you are wrong; because you thought I was talking about optical drive for some reason.

I don't understand what your argument is about..

I don't understand what your argument is about..

What argument?

I was talking about using a cheap SSD in addition to original HDD instead of trying to swap out HDD for that one.

What argument?

I was talking about using a cheap SSD in addition to original HDD instead of trying to swap out HDD for that one.

I understand not reading every post in a thread, but my second post states that I'm already using an SSD.