Help :(

No, but seriously I need some. I have Intel DH55TC mobo (with newest bios, so don't even bring that up) and Intel i5 661. So far it has been running Kingston 2x2GB 1333 1,65V (so says the sticker, but it runs on 1,5V). Works fine.

Now i just bought Corsair 2x4GB 2133 1,65V kit and intend to run it (why else buy it?). Bios recognized it just fine, although underclocked to 1333, lowered timings and set to 1,5V. I thought it was fine.

It wasn't.

Bluescreen, then another. I thought, fine, I changed motherboards on this operating system, it took that without a stutter. Maybe now it's too much??

So I popped in my handy-dandy multiboot windows and try to see if the installer kicks in. It didn't. Grub loaded, attempted to load my iso, and then just powered down. Strange (yeah, i tried more than once. this ain't my first time)

Tried SystemRescueCD on the same USB. Same reaction. Went to gut down HTPC (Asrock E350M1). Poped ram in, worked like a charm. So sticks ain't bad or anything, but this time it was running 1,66V. My Intel board won't allow overvolting anything before you ask.

Now the funny part. I take one stick out (nevermind which one) I suddenly can boot SystemRescueCD, but not my existing windows 8.1 or my installation usb.

So there's that. Now I'm gonna go check if HTPC will work on these undervolted to 1,5V, meanwhile I'm begging you to tell me something.

After some googling I discovered there're some compatibility issues with single sided and double sided DIMMS in this mobo, so maybe that's that, but I dunno.

Again, pls help :(

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

Board only supports 1333MHz and 1066MHz ram. I think there's your issue. You should have got 1333MHz kit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv