900-1000€ build

Nordellak

Hey guys!

I'm picking the components for a gaming computer for a friend and this is what we've finally chosen:

CPU: Intel i5 4460 - 189€

MOBO: Gigabyte H97 HD3 - 95€

GRAPHICS: Sapphire Raderon R9 290 Tri-X OC - 309€

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1600MHz 2x4GB - 74€

SSD: Crucial M550 256GB - 100€

HDD: He already has one

CASE (not decided yet): Phantex Enthoo Pro - 100€

PSU: Corsair CS650M - 92

Total: 959€

What do you think about the build? Also what case would you reccommend for the build? He hasn't decided because he doesn't know which one to pick.

Thanks!!!

If you live in holland I just wanna say on tweakers.net there is a guy selling 74x XFX R9 290. Yes it is a reference cooler, but it is an insane deal. Also has them from sapphire 111 or something there. 

Anyway I am in agreement with @Superfichtig his build. Would get a Superflower HX green when possible depending on the extra cost but the rest yeah top notch and maybe get a A-Data SP900 it has better write speeds but that is about it.

Thanks for the responses!

We're from spain, and unfortunately here components are more expensive (i5 4690 is about 250€), so the build you propose (@Superfichtig) is quite more expensive than here and my friend's budget is quite tight. So in the price range of the build, would you make any little change? The cpu, although not the best, will serve great for regular gaming use right?

Thanks again :)

@Nordellak Oh thats expensive, what a pitty. however your built is great and viable for gaming and light video/photo editing. personally i would change the SSD to something like the Crucial MX100 256 GB or Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB. 

the R9 290 is a beast of a card, dont know your prices of your country but if you could get the XFX R9 290 Double Dis. you may save some money. 

On the PSU you could go along with a seasonic or evga one with higher efficency but meeh thats all personal preference.

anyhow you should be good to go!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D with 2x SP120 / 1x AF120 Mainboard: Z97 Msi Gaming 5 CPU: i7 4790K @4.0 Ghz CPU-Cooler: Noctua U14S RAM: 16 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance 1600 Mhz GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X HDD: WD Green 2 TB SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB PSU: Corsair RM 750W Monitor: BenQ XL 2411z 144hz 1080p

@Superfichtig Nice!! I'll take a look if I can find an XFX.

But I have a question, in this link (http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Crucial-MX100-256GB-vs-Crucial-M550-256GB/2317vs2000) it says that the M550 is better than the MX100. In Spain they are exactly the same price, so would you recommend the MX100 over the M550?

Have a good day!

Oh and by the way, we are looking into a CM Silencio 452, it looks like a really nice case.

@Nordellak oh did not know that the M550 has faster writing speeds, given the fact that they are both at eqaul prices i would buy the M550 without any regrets.

Decent and silent case, great choice no matter what you take either the Enthoo Pro or the Silencio 452.

Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D with 2x SP120 / 1x AF120 Mainboard: Z97 Msi Gaming 5 CPU: i7 4790K @4.0 Ghz CPU-Cooler: Noctua U14S RAM: 16 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance 1600 Mhz GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X HDD: WD Green 2 TB SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB PSU: Corsair RM 750W Monitor: BenQ XL 2411z 144hz 1080p