wireless power button

Nickolas47

Hello guys, van you suggest me a way so that i can install a power button away from my pc and operate it wirelessly?

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

It is possible to remotely boot up a PC without standing in front of it, our IT Teacher used to boot up all of the computers in the IT Room from his computer using a program called Impero. When we got to the class the computers were ready to be logged into. Keyboards and Mice can also be used to boot up PCs. I'm not sure but I thought you could use a Logitech K400 to turn PCs on like a remote control. You could also use a Media Centre remote.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

It is possible to remotely boot up a PC without standing in front of it, our IT Teacher used to boot up all of the computers in the IT Room from his computer using a program called Impero. When we got to the class the computers were ready to be logged into. Keyboards and Mice can also be used to boot up PCs. I'm not sure but I thought you could use a Logitech K400 to turn PCs on like a remote control. You could also use a Media Centre remote.

it is possible to turn on the pc through the keyboard but i am thinking something like a wirelles adapter on the power pins on the board and drilling the receiver inside a button in my desk, but i dont know if this thing exists

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

it is possible to turn on the pc through the keyboard but i am thinking something like a wirelles adapter on the power pins on the board and drilling the receiver inside a button in my desk, but i dont know if this thing exists

Is this what you're looking for? Click here.

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

Is this what you're looking for? Click here.

thanks but i think they work with any molex device, i want to connect it to the  power switch header of my mobo

thanks but i think they work with any molex device, i want to connect it to the  power switch header of my mobo

What about this? Click here.

I'm not sure if I would trust this one. Click here.

You may be able to use your phone with a remote control app like TeamViewer to boot it. You might be able to use a Wake On LAN feature on your phone.

What about this? Click here.

I'm not sure if I would trust this one. Click here.

i could mod it to work with my button of choice but its way overpriced

You could if you wanted to. Mod it to be like this. LOL

giphy.gif

thug life :P

i could mod it to work with my button of choice but its way overpriced

I thought that there was a setting in the BIOS for some computers that decides what happens when power is given to the system. You could have it trigger when it's plugged in and buy one of these. It would be #ghetto tho.

There was a thread where ppl discussed using WOL and nfc stickers. You can turn on your computer by simply putting you smartphone next to a NFC sticker or you can remotely turn on computer using your smartphone itself.

More about WOL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

EDIT: Quick search: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/184971-wake-on-lan-windows-8-boot-from-power-off/

There could be more guides on forum :)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Im not sure about a dedicated solution, but you could have a button connected to something like an arduino on your WLAN, and then use the Wake over LAN function, binding it to said button

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]