The Stomping Lands game development stopped

DaShesano

the_stomping_land.0.0.jpgSource: http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/18/8062211/the-stomping-land-canceled-disappeared-kickstarter-steam-early-access

Source 2: http://www.reddit.com/r/thestompingland/
The game The Stomping Lands has vanished from Steam early access leaving kickstarter backers wanting refunds.

The game's artist said he could not reach the game's creator and has since stopped work. The game needed 20,000 in order to succeed, and it had made in excess of 114,000. A Change.org petition has been made for the studio to give refunds to all backers on kickstarter. The game has been criticized for lack of progress, and failing to miss its promised weekly updates. 

I thought this happened a while ago? 

Shame that game could have been awesome. Oh well back to Dino D-day. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I thought this happened a while ago? 

Shame that game could have been awesome. Oh well back to Dino D-day. 

Yeah....I am pretty sure this was over a month ago now. Even two.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Just another reason why I think Valve is not doing great with this "Early Access" crap.

Could it be hurting the industry?

I think the industry overall is hurting. People struggling to move away from crappy products pushed out of the big development houses, are having trouble with finding funding because of the "don't buy early access" mentality.

A shame. Looking at stalker LOST ALPHA, you can see what people can really do if they are given the chance. Too bad the big publishing companies wont let devs take a moment to make great games instead of mediocre ones.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeah....I am pretty sure this was over a month ago now. Even two.

I thought so, 

Just another reason why I think Valve is not doing great with this "Early Access" crap.

Yeah, its a damn shame though. I really would have through that if there was one group of people who would at least put some love into things, it was gonna be indie devs. 

I really like the green light idea. I hope they manage to refine it some. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

There are four logical steps that the peopel wanting refunds should go through. Here are the steps in order:

1. Ask the developer for a refund.
  2. Go through Kickstarter.
  3. Do a charge back via your bank.
  4. If all else fails, this should work because they are in the USA, contact the FTC.

technically they donated their money. the person who received the money is not obligated to deliver on his/her promises mainly because the money is donated. 

early access isnt all bad. in my opinion, you should never buy a game unless you are happy about the game the it currently stands.

They can't all be Natural Selection 2s :/

You need to learn pattern recognition though and spot the warning signs.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Haven't really followed this game. Was it any good? And I'm looking for legit answers please lol.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Valve is hurting the industry but as long as they get their cut and keep giving people shitty hats and CSGO skins, its alright; right? 

Valve is hurting the industry but as long as they get their cut and keep giving people shitty hats and CSGO skins, its alright; right? 

Valve is alright because it's still the biggest platform.

Why not make your own, better, platform with hookers and blackjacks?

Oh, I know why, because many have tried and NONE have succeeded. (due to lack of games, features, or both)

Also has to do with how Valve isn't releasing shitty $60 games that are not worth more than $15; but then again Valve seldomly release games.

And that's why Valve is alright; not great, but alright.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...