Thoughts on a Gaming Build

Colours
PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZvZYqs

*970 is just added in for price, will probably get a 390*

* using storage from current rig (SSD/HDDs*

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($368.32 @ TigerDirect Canada) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ DirectCanada) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ NCIX) 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($73.23 @ DirectCanada) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($407.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Memory Express) 

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $1404.48

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-18 16:39 EST-0500

*970 is just added in for price, will probably get a 390*

* using storage from current rig (SSD/HDDs*

I'm looking to build something that will last quite a few years, plan on getting the 390, if the price/performance is good. Not 100% sure on the i7/motherboard, PSU is kinda high as we don't know the TDP for the new 300s?

Cheers

AMD FX-8320 | Hyper 212 Evo | Gigabyte 970A-D3P | EVGA SSC 970 | Corsair 200R | Ducky 9087 Shine 2

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PPL PLEASE PASTE YOUR BUILD OUT, Don't just link it. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($368.32 @ TigerDirect Canada) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ NCIX) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($73.23 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($407.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Memory Express) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($137.99 @ NCIX) 
Total: $1372.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-18 16:37 EST-0500

For pure gaming, you won't need the i7. The cooler you selected is also not a good idea. 212 Evo, NH-D14, or a 240mm AIO liquid cooler. Since all Z97 chipset CPUs put out a minimal amount of heat, I'd stick with the 212 Evo. Also while the Define R5 is a nice case, it's not the greatest from an air flow standpoint. Something like the h440 or S340 would be better. If your display is a 1080p 60hz, then the GTX 970 works, but if you have a 1440p or 144hz display, then swap it out for dual R9 290s. Your PSU can handle that.

H80 is not worth it, get a Noctua NH-D15, it's in the same price ballpark.  PSU is overkill, a quality 500W will do you fine for that build, preferably ~600W - silver/gold rated ofc. Also, that case is overpriced, not worth it unless you consider it a must-have for it's looks.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

In all honesty, you should swap that i7 out for an i5. YES AN i5. I still don't know why people fuss over i7's when it offers basically no more performance and costs 100 dollars more. Unless you're doing some serious video rendering, that i7 will only eat up your budget. 

Get the 1866Mhz set of that RAM. Costs only a bit more.

Save money and buy an H440.

Buy a Seasonic 1000w or other REALLY reputable barnds. EVGA is meh, Corsair is meh.

That MoBo is fine, but I'd personally rather buy a MoBo with some sort of scheme. TBH it's just personal preference

Either way, it should last you 3+ years..

Yeah like @Lotus was saying, many ppl will tell you to go with an i5 strictly for gaming. 

If you do ever want to do things like streaming/rendering/editing then consider sticking with the i7. 

PSU is a little overkill, a 750w of the same PSU would do just fine. I'd def wait to see what the 390x brings to the table if you can, and that might alter your build a little.

Your water cooler seems a little on the expensive side, I would consider jumping up to an H100 or any other 240mm rad cooler. They are all within a similar price range. 

In all honesty, you should swap that i7 out for an i5. YES AN i5. I still don't know why people fuss over i7's when it offers basically no more performance and costs 100 dollars more. Unless you're doing some serious video rendering, that i7 will only eat up your budget. 

Get the 1866Mhz set of that RAM. Costs only a bit more.

Save money and buy an H440.

Buy a Seasonic 1000w or other REALLY reputable barnds. EVGA is meh, Corsair is meh.

That MoBo is fine, but I'd personally rather buy a MoBo with some sort of scheme. TBH it's just personal preference

Either way, it should last you 3+ years..

1866Mhz ram makes 0 difference. 

1000w power supply is ridiculous for this build. 

Evga and corsair are both extremely reputable brands.... Current PSU he selected has a 10 year warranty, and the G2 model of evga's PSU's are extremely well received by the community.

Don't know what your saying -_- 

-snip-

1000W PSU for the kind of hardware OP can afford? r u avin a giggle m8?

Also EVGA are doing well with their PSU lineup to be honest. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Looks good except 850w is overkill with 970's, probably just right for 2 390x's. Don't get an h80i when you can find air coolers cheaper that will perform better. If you go AIO you need to get the top end ones or nothing because price to performance is crap on the ones less than h100i

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

You smoking some good stuff aren't you? Evga has the best power supplies right now. The g2 and p2 lineup is better than anything remotely in it's price point. Beats basically everything more expensive too.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Thanks for all the replies so far everyone, I appreciate it.

AMD FX-8320 | Hyper 212 Evo | Gigabyte 970A-D3P | EVGA SSC 970 | Corsair 200R | Ducky 9087 Shine 2