Font suggestions and opinions for my new keycaps

Weirdybeardyman

I am going to be ordering a set of 105 key keycaps from WASD and am currently deciding on the font to use. These keycaps are going to be for a Cherry G80 so I want a nice retro font;

I am pretty sure I want a sans serif font and my two current choices are Aovel Sans and Aaargh Sans.

I will post later what these look like on the keyboard layout file when I get back to my PC.

I will greatly appreciate anyone's input :D

please. oh please.   Comic Sans

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

please. oh please. Comic Sans

I'm not paying $50 for keycaps with comic sans, mabey if they were really cheap it would be worth the comedy but they're not :[

I'm not trying to create the Crayola easy type keyboard here :D

http://i.imgur.com/wOMkHN1.jpg

lol I need one

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

calibri

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

calibri

I do quite like calibri I just think it mabey looks a bit modern, im going for more of a Helvectica look for the font I think.

I do quite like calibri I just think it mabey looks a bit modern, im going for more of a Helvectica look for the font I think.

i rly like the font on the poker 2 keyboard u should prob check out

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

i rly like the font on the poker 2 keyboard u should prob check out

Unfortunately a bit too expensive for my budget. 

Unfortunately a bit too expensive for my budget. 

i mean the font they use on it! its called Bank Gothic

xoxo samantha <3

i mean the font they use on it! its called Bank Gothic

Ahh yeh sorry bout that, completely missread your post :D

i mean the font they use on it! its called Bank Gothic

That font looks nice, though mabey a bit angular. Out of those two fonts in those layouts I posted do you have any preference?

I always liked interstate. Another cool font is Nero (based on the dubstep producer's logo). Can you put any font on the keys? I've never done this. This http://www.1001freefonts.com/top-fonts.php is a pretty good site for fonts. Good luck!

Yeh I really like interstate, thanks. You can have any font, any colour on any individual key, or a picture on individual keys or one stretching across the entire keyboard. This is $50 for a full 105 set of keys from WASD.

My decision is now between Aovel, and Interstate. The keyboard has come so now just to buy the keycaps for it.

Yeh I really like interstate, thanks. You can have any font, any colour on any individual key, or a picture on individual keys or one stretching across the entire keyboard. This is $50 for a full 105 set of keys from WASD.

For the font it comes down to what you want to use until you get a new keyboard. I would recommend using each font you are considering on your computer just for every day document editing. If you still can't decide, you could try my strategy. When I can't decide on something I often flip a coin. If you are truly impartial, then it's a good way to just decide. If not (and this is my favorite part of it), it will bring out what you actually want to do. For example, if you flip a coin and decide that you are buying one font, you might realize that that font is not, in fact, as nice as the other one. THIS METHOD IS UNSTOPPABLE

Anyway, as for images, it also kind of depends what you're into. I saw a person one time who had put the icons of their main LoL champion's spells in their respective spots on the keyboard, and then had the champion's face on the unused side of the keyboard. Although pretty sick, this seemed like a bit of overkill.

The numpad (assuming you have one) is a great spot for pictures. Some ideas include Kappa, Deal With It shades, a sticker from CS, etc. You pretty much can't go wrong with internet memes. Of course, when you put pictures, you do run the risk of getting tired of them, and I wouldn't do something like a profile picture, which you might end up changing (Keep in mind that a good Kappa will never get old).

In addition, if you only play a few games (I am now realizing that I have just assumed you were a gamer), or have a single favorite game, you could theme the design that way. For example, if you only play CSGO, there is a good font for that, and you could add CT and T logos, the bomb code, etc. All (hypotheticals)

Sorry about the rant, design and peripherals are two of my favorite things. I could write about this topic all day. Best of luck!

For the font it comes down to what you want to use until you get a new keyboard. I would recommend using each font you are considering on your computer just for every day document editing. If you still can't decide, you could try my strategy. When I can't decide on something I often flip a coin. If you are truly impartial, then it's a good way to just decide. If not (and this is my favorite part of it), it will bring out what you actually want to do. For example, if you flip a coin and decide that you are buying one font, you might realize that that font is not, in fact, as nice as the other one. THIS METHOD IS UNSTOPPABLE

Anyway, as for images, it also kind of depends what you're into. I saw a person one time who had put the icons of their main LoL champion's spells in their respective spots on the keyboard, and then had the champion's face on the unused side of the keyboard. Although pretty sick, this seemed like a bit of overkill.

The numpad (assuming you have one) is a great spot for pictures. Some ideas include Kappa, Deal With It shades, a sticker from CS, etc. You pretty much can't go wrong with internet memes. Of course, when you put pictures, you do run the risk of getting tired of them, and I wouldn't do something like a profile picture, which you might end up changing (Keep in mind that a good Kappa will never get old).

In addition, if you only play a few games (I am now realizing that I have just assumed you were a gamer), or have a single favorite game, you could theme the design that way. For example, if you only play CSGO, there is a good font for that, and you could add CT and T logos, the bomb code, etc. All (hypotheticals)

Sorry about the rant, design and peripherals are two of my favorite things. I could write about this topic all day. Best of luck!

Awesome post, I ordered the Keycaps a couple days, I will upload a picture of them when they come. I went with Interstate on a grey and red keyboard with red lettering on the grey keys and white lettering and symbols on the red keys that were mainly function keys. The only pictures I got were two rainbow TUX penguins on the OS keys because wtf not :D I am a gamer but I decided it would be nicer to have a more plain keyboard rather than a flashy one with lots of colours because I don't want to get tired of it. Now that you suggested it a CSGO themed keyboard would have been cool or a DOTA themed one. I am also getting a bit stressed hoping that I didnt make any mistakes in my designing of the keyboard, and that the |\ key is the right size.

These are the prototype fonts on a layout;

Aovel Sans

Aaargh Sans

Those look aweosme, i'd go with Aovel Sans, looks a little cleaner. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Those look aweosme, i'd go with Aovel Sans, looks a little cleaner.

Aovel sans was my favourite out of those two but in the end I decided to go with Interstate, thanks to Hot Coko, because it looked clearer to read.

Aovel sans was my favourite out of those two but in the end I decided to go with Interstate because it looked clearer to read.

should look great either way.! 

nice purchase :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?