lighting for my new build

jjdd5199

so i have my new build and i wanna put some kind of light strip in it would cathodes be better than just a led strip and do you guys think white or green would look better i was thinking green to match the geforce light but i also want it to be bright 

post-172725-0-41474300-1424210859_thumb.

Personally going to run custom LED strip. called rgb 5050. Have it ran in my room, total cost for my pc is 30$. and will be any color, and remote controllable. so best of both worlds. Highly recommend to look into custom lighting

I would go with a led strip... try the one from icemodz... theyre the best.

Green for sure.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Personally going to run custom LED strip. called rgb 5050. Have it ran in my room, total cost for my pc is 30$. and will be any color, and remote controllable. so best of both worlds. Highly recommend to look into custom lighting

well i have a led strip that i use in my room also but it runs on a 12v cable so i geuss ill just ghetto rig that in

well i have a led strip that i use in my room also but it runs on a 12v cable so i geuss ill just ghetto rig that in

is it a barrel connector?

if you using this:http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-TM-Remote-Controller-Light/dp/B00AF5YOK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424221188&sr=8-1&keywords=led+controller

pick up something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATX-PSU-power-adapter-cable-connector-4-pin-MOLEX-to-12V-DC-2-1mm-x-5-5mm-barrel-/121506729006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4a5d8c2e

this will take your molex and convert it to something that will use. its great because your power supply is a way better well built converter then the cheapo 6 amp adapter Im using. your molex is a straight 12 volt so its no problem. zero ghetto nice and its MUCH less of a fire hazard then my current room lighting

edit: if you want to wait a week, I can document my progress with that exact set up in a s340

Get an Arduino Micro and a 1m strip of neopixels from www.adafruit.com, little pricier than a fixed colour but if you ever want to change your system you can easily change the colour (plus every individual LED is programmable).

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

what ive done with fractal cases is unplug the power indicator led plug and put a rgb led in the ODD cage 

is it a barrel connector?

if you using this:http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-TM-Remote-Controller-Light/dp/B00AF5YOK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424221188&sr=8-1&keywords=led+controller

pick up something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATX-PSU-power-adapter-cable-connector-4-pin-MOLEX-to-12V-DC-2-1mm-x-5-5mm-barrel-/121506729006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4a5d8c2e

this will take your molex and convert it to something that will use. its great because your power supply is a way better well built converter then the cheapo 6 amp adapter Im using. your molex is a straight 12 volt so its no problem. zero ghetto nice and its MUCH less of a fire hazard then my current room lighting

edit: if you want to wait a week, I can document my progress with that exact set up in a s340

it is a barrel connector but im not sure if this strips really bright enough im gonna get the strip out later and make a backwards C around the window to see if that will give enough light but yea ill take a look at your set up

it is a barrel connector but im not sure if this strips really bright enough im gonna get the strip out later and make a backwards C around the window to see if that will give enough light but yea ill take a look at your set up

Really? I have strips around my room and I use it for my normal lighting as well as my party lighting. Do you have the 5050 LEDs or the 2038(or something similar)

Really? I have strips around my room and I use it for my normal lighting as well as my party lighting. Do you have the 5050 LEDs or the 2038(or something similar)

they're actually 3528 im not sure what that means but theyre cheap ones off ebay that i have 3 5m strips of but the main reason for them not being bright enough is about where i want the light and the giant noctua heat sink but i also want light on the motherboard

they're actually 3528 im not sure what that means but theyre cheap ones off ebay that i have 3 5m strips of but the main reason for them not being bright enough is about where i want the light and the giant noctua heat sink but i also want light on the motherboard

ah. the 3528 is half as bright as the 5050 rgb. Once my adapter comes in Ill take pictures or a video to show how bright it is. 

Lets put it this way, 2 5M strips in my room is enough to make it bright enough that turning on my normal light, you cant see a diffrence. they are that bright

ah. the 3528 is half as bright as the 5050 rgb. Once my adapter comes in Ill take pictures or a video to show how bright it is.

Lets put it this way, 2 5M strips in my room is enough to make it bright enough that turning on my normal light, you cant see a diffrence. they are that bright

wow I use 2 5m in my room but it's almost like they aren't there when the lights are on I'll look into getting some of those id like to put some on my sound system in my truck but haven't really figured out how to do it with rgb LEDs

wow I use 2 5m in my room but it's almost like they aren't there when the lights are on I'll look into getting some of those id like to put some on my sound system in my truck but haven't really figured out how to do it with rgb LEDs

actually both speakers and LEDS run off 12 volts. so you can literally splice into your speaker wire. then when your speaker gets current to play, your lights light up. 

Or you can just splice it from your cig lighter. with anything thats 12 volt, you wont need the power brick to convert it, because the 12 volt is already converted

Well I wanted to put it on my sub but it's a aftermarket one on a amp would that still be 12v?