AXi modular sleeved cables compatible with AX non-i?

SouthernStallion

So, I watched Linus' video this morning regarding CableMod's sleeved cables and I came here to ask what the difference between the AX and AXI interface is? Why are AXI cables not compatible with AX? I thought the cables were exactly the same, just the internals were different with Corsair's digital power shizz in the AXI.

Tris

i7 3770k @5GHz, Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H, GTX 1070, AX 1200, EK custom loop, 8GB Blue Vengeance CL9 1600MHz, IPS 24" 1080p 60Hz, Windows 10 Enterprise, a variety of Samsung SSDs

The difference only lies in Corsair Link. The rest of the electronics is the same.

who cares...

I was wondering the same question, if the HXi compatible cables are compatible with my HX.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

So, I watched Linus' video this morning regarding CableMod's sleeved cables and I came here to ask what the difference between the AX and AXI interface is? Why are AXI cables not compatible with AX? I thought the cables were exactly the same, just the internals were different with Corsair's digital power shizz in the AXI.

Tris

the cablemod cables are compatible, you have to buy the axi cables from your local retailer and send cablemod your receipt, they will send you the 24 pin cable for the ax series, i asked them this morning :P

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

the cablemod cables are compatible, you have to buy the axi cables from your local retailer and send cablemod your receipt, they will send you the 24 pin cable for the ax series, i asked them this morning :P

Awesome! Thanks!

i7 3770k @5GHz, Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H, GTX 1070, AX 1200, EK custom loop, 8GB Blue Vengeance CL9 1600MHz, IPS 24" 1080p 60Hz, Windows 10 Enterprise, a variety of Samsung SSDs

Tris

The AX and AXi series 24 pins are a different pinout on the PSU, the AX series follows seasonic's orginal manufacture where the AXi uses a 1:1 wiring for the 24 pin.

In general the PSU is exactly the same other than the pins and corsair link.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/repository-of-power-supply-pin-outs