Bluetooth Portable Speakerphone Re-wire

EthanMcL

Hey, I have an old Motorola T505 Bluetooth Portable Speakerphone that I want to rewire to a 3.5mm jack, instead of the speaker in it.  This is just for a small project I have been working on and want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

So inside 2 wires (Pos & Neg) come off the board and connect to a small speaker.

Can I rewire this to a 3.5 jack (so I can connect it to a different speaker)?  Or do I need a middle man of some sort.  Thanks :)

Here is what I am talking about for reference: http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Bluetooth-Portable-In-Car-Speakerphone/dp/B0030BZ7HM

Depends on where is the amplifier

I assume both would have an amp, considering it connects directly to a speaker, and the other speakers are normal powered speakers.

I assume both would have an amp, considering it connects directly to a speaker, and the other speakers are normal powered speakers.

So it should work

Hey, I have an old Motorola T505 Bluetooth Portable Speakerphone that I want to rewire to a 3.5mm jack, instead of the speaker in it.  This is just for a small project I have been working on and want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

So inside 2 wires (Pos & Neg) come off the board and connect to a small speaker.

Can I rewire this to a 3.5 jack (so I can connect it to a different speaker)?  Or do I need a middle man of some sort.  Thanks :)

Here is what I am talking about for reference: http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Bluetooth-Portable-In-Car-Speakerphone/dp/B0030BZ7HM

It would only be mono, but yes you could do it.