im new and my new system!

HI!

I am new, I found Linus on youtube with probably the most handy reviews and pc info you can get and since they are excited about star citizen I jumped on here!

plus he isnt painfully boring

I just rebuilt my desktop,

I had a phenom II blck x4 3.0, old hd 4890 from gigabyte and parts began to die (was built in 2008) I miss it :( that system even ran Bf4 practically at high settings, the reliability of the machine was amazing and I used mainly gigabyte parts, infact after putting a new psu in it and r9 270x the thing ran again pretty good just the network card was poo so I had to work around it with a pci-e card. out it was def a sign it was time for a new build.

so I built a new one minus the SSDs mainly because I dont trust me buying them yet but can always expand and needed to relearn all the new hard ware of today.

I built this and yes I went pure amd like last time because my laptop is I7 with invidia (asus g750jw ROG)

This is the system;

AMD 8350 fx (cooler master 212 evo pasted with Asilver 5) side note ordered a noctua fan tho because the fan it came with seemed cheap and is riding against the ram :(

Gigabyte 990fx-ud3 rev 4.0

MSI gamers edition 290x (would have just got 290 but this one was on sale for a tad less then 290)

16 gigs of gskill ripjaw x (2 8gig cards)

psu is corsair CX750

velociraptor WD 512 in raid 0

and an lg optical dvd burner because its handy

and I threw that all in my old antec 300 because it saved money at the price of being a pain with putting new fans in and literally no cable managment port. this case is maxed out, but looks really cool with the new purple fans from corsair :D only thing I could expand in it would be SSD and the video card took me almost and hour to figure how to get in there because the xfx r9 270x barely fit, which is why I got the msi 290x vs the gigabyte windforce and its a extremely solid case

peripherials I used my 2013 razer death adder, new blackwidow chroma and 7.1 chroma kracken... (even tho I like professional sound I had best buy money from returns and either they were out of stock with stuff or everything else they had was crap unless I went wireless which I dont like) but professional stuff would have costed more and 300 on a head set is too much when you can just go professional

Let me know what you guys think.... or if anything sucks, I built this build to last and maybe expand on if I threw the hardware in a new case except the ssd is about all else I could fit but honestly these raptors in raid are pretty dang fast... to where I dont notice it being slow so it works

QUESTION tho, I get about 8500 total score on 3Dmark firestorm and I turned off COOL and QUIET in the bios because it was making my video card throttle.... should I have done that? or just switched the card out of LN2 mode to reg? seems like it should be faster and the physics score seems rather crappy for this set up

this is with no overclocking except in MSIs little gaming app is set too OC mode

Welcome to the forums! I am still pretty new here myself this was the forums that help me with my first upgrade and I am sticking around, because I love the simple layout of the website.  :D  Nice build by the way.  

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m