Question about Superlux HD681

CookiezFort

I got hte HD 681 by superlux, (not evo) and it seems like gunshots and general sounds in csgo are a bit sloppy and muddy (they dont sound like guns).

Does anybody know what exactly the problem is? Music sounds pretty much the same.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

game audio is shit.  it'll be a setting somewhere either in the soundcard/onboard drivers or game settings.

EDIT: trying messing about with the positional audio settings.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

game audio is shit.  it'll be a setting somewhere either in the soundcard/onboard drivers or game settings.

EDIT: trying messing about with the positional audio settings.

What do you mean by positional audio settings?

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

positional audio is set either in game, with the soundcard drivers 3d audio settings or with third party software like razor surround.  It is the software that makes the sound in your game directional.  some software can make the audio muddy due to the effects they use.  In csgo set the audio to headphones and in your sound manager turn of all other effects.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You could also play with the EQ.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

positional audio is set either in game, with the soundcard drivers 3d audio settings or with third party software like razor surround.  It is the software that makes the sound in your game directional.  some software can make the audio muddy due to the effects they use.  In csgo set the audio to headphones and in your sound manager turn of all other effects.

I dont have any additional programs to control sound. I went into Playback devices, selected my speakers and then ticked disable all enchancements, Will update this post if it sounds any better

You could also play with the EQ.

Can you suggest one?

My PC:

Spoiler

Can you suggest one?

Try searching for Realtek HD Audio Manager (or some variation thereof) on your computer and exploring some of the options there. What you want in order to take away some of the sloppiness to the gunshots is to remove any extra amplification in the low frequencies. Set the equalization to off or flat. Alternatively, go with your ears, play around until it sounds good!

Try searching for Realtek HD Audio Manager (or some variation thereof) on your computer and exploring some of the options there. What you want in order to take away some of the sloppiness to the gunshots is to remove any extra amplification in the low frequencies. Set the equalization to off or flat. Alternatively, go with your ears, play around until it sounds good!

i havent got it.

My motherboard is some old pegatron LGA 771 or PLGA 771 socket mobo, that came with this dell workstation

My PC:

Spoiler

By hunting around for the model number of your board and then its specs it seems like you may have a Sigmatel STAC9200 as your audio chip.

This site: http://hardwaredata.org/index.php?driver=69535 is listing the most recent supported drivers for various operating systems.

I recommend that you try to find out if any Sigmatel audio control center of some sort is already on you computer and see if it has an equalizer.

Alternatively you could get a virtual audio mixer program like Voicemeeter http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/index.htm and use its equalizer to adjust your audio playback.