2015 Gaming Build

Go to solution Solved by the jolly roger,

Actually i was planning on buying a VG248QE from Asus (1080p 144hz), so dual 970's is overkill? Why not the RM? I have read lots of good reviews on the internet, even JonnyGuru recommends it... :/

for 1080p 144hz dual 970 is WAYYYYYYYY OVERKILLLL  a single 970 is plenty and an r9 290x is even better

as far as the PSU goes, that one uses cheap chinese caps, and there is nothing wrong with that in a budget PSU, but the RM has the price of a high end PSU, and is advertised as a high end PSU, and it isn't. while other PSUs like the EVGA 750 G2 use 100% japanese caps, and is higher quality

k i fixed most of i things i would change, i added a single fan but just add as many of those as you like, they come in 120 and 140mm are are much better and quieter than the corsair fans (those can ramp up like jet engines)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($179.98 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston Beast 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X 4GB LIGHTNING Video Card  ($343.98 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($53.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Rosewill Hyperborea 57.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($9.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1508.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-14 13:14 EST-0500

What do you think of this build? I chose the components the be the best performance for gaming without forgeting about the budget (2000 dollars). I know the motherboard is completely fancy but i liked it because it matches the PC's color scheme and has OC features. I usually play AC, some shooters, WoW and LoL. About the GPUs I will buy one and in the future if I see the need I will add the other one.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/juanra1409/saved/WJWj4D

Thanks!

Edit: I already bought the case so there's no coming back for that one xD

What do you think of this build? I chose the components the be the best performance for gaming without forgeting about the budget (2000 dollars). I know the motherboard is completely fancy but i liked it because it matches the PC's color scheme and has OC features. I usually play AC, some shooters, WoW and LoL. About the GPUs I will buy one and in the future if I see the need I will add the other one.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/juanra1409/saved/WJWj4D

Thanks!

Edit: I already bought the case so there's no coming back for that one xD

the motherboard is OP, go for the ASUS Z97-A

what resolution are you gonna play at?? because for 1080p that is wayyyy too OP, and id go for r9 290x, but that is just me 

do not, i repeat do not go for the corsair RM, as it uses cheap components, go for the EVGA 750 G2

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

what resolution are you gonna play at?? because for 1080p that is wayyyy too OP, and id go for r9 290x, but that is just me 

do not, i repeat do not go for the corsair RM, as it uses cheap components, go for the EVGA 750 G2

If he is planning 5760x1080p the dual 970s make sense.

If he is planning 5760x1080p the dual 970s make sense.

ok, so then go, please go for r9 290x, at that resolution 4gb of VRAM and the 512 bit bus will really make a difference

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

ok, so then go, please go for r9 290x, at that resolution 4gb of VRAM and the 512 bit bus will really make a difference

True I was just saying dual cards either way make plenty of sense if that were the case

Actually i was planning on buying a VG248QE from Asus (1080p 144hz), so dual 970's is overkill? Why not the RM? I have read lots of good reviews on the internet, even JonnyGuru recommends it... :/

I repeat, I know the MOBO is OP, but I really liked it and I don't feel like going budget at least on that component, so (Only with that piece) I think I will stick with it.

I repeat, I know the MOBO is OP, but I really liked it and I don't feel like going budget at least on that component, so (Only with that piece) I think I will stick with it.

the z-97 a has everything you want, 8 phase power delivery, SLI and Crossfire support, premium audio...

for 1080p 144hz dual 970 is WAYYYYYYYY OVERKILLLL  a single 970 is plenty and an r9 290x is even better

as far as the PSU goes, that one uses cheap chinese caps, and there is nothing wrong with that in a budget PSU, but the RM has the price of a high end PSU, and is advertised as a high end PSU, and it isn't. while other PSUs like the EVGA 750 G2 use 100% japanese caps, and is higher quality

k i fixed most of i things i would change, i added a single fan but just add as many of those as you like, they come in 120 and 140mm are are much better and quieter than the corsair fans (those can ramp up like jet engines)

Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($53.88 @ OutletPC) 

solid build, will be great for a long time. you could cut some things out here and there and lower the price but either way money well spent.

i would actually get a 4790k and instead get a cheaper motherboard (z97a is 50 cheaper) or just cut the ssd out for now and spend the same amount. or spend the extra 100 and get the 4790k i say if you're spending 2,000 or more you better have an i7.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

Thanks for the help! I was already thinking on the H110i Gt but didn't found it on PCPP because I only have Amazon as my vendor xD. Why are you so inloved with the 290x? Im going to  play at 1080p; not 1440p or 4k, every benchmark that i have seen the 970 beats the 290x in 1080p which is the resolution of the monitor I want to buy, also it draws 100000x times more energy and generates more heat than a jacuzzi (And the 2nd floor of my house already gets pretty hot), but I guess it all comes out to personal preference.

The PSU seems good and inexpensive I will look into it. And OK I will think about the motherboard haha.

The fans you choose are ugly as hell, and not LED, my case won't shine :(. Any cool looking, LED fans you recommend?

Oh and pricing from any retailer in the US is just plaing useless because of the country I live in, I have to buy everthing with 16% I.V.A :/

solid build, will be great for a long time. you could cut some things out here and there and lower the price but either way money well spent.

i would actually get a 4790k and instead get a cheaper motherboard (z97a is 50 cheaper) or just cut the ssd out for now and spend the same amount. or spend the extra 100 and get the 4790k i say if you're spending 2,000 or more you better have an i7.

Thanks! :D I planned it to not need to change it for the rest of my life. I mean, upgrade it every two years but not have to change it like I'm doing with my current build. I though on the i7 but I will never ever do video editing or stuff like that, I'm a medicine student, just gaming, i7 still worth it? What do you think?

Thanks for the help! I was already thinking on the H110i Gt but didn't found it on PCPP because I only have Amazon as my vendor xD. Why are you so inloved with the 290x? Im going to  play at 1080p; not 1440p or 4k, every benchmark that i have seen the 970 beats the 290x in 1080p which is the resolution of the monitor I want to buy, also it draws 100000x times more energy and generates more heat than a jacuzzi (And the 2nd floor of my house already gets pretty hot), but I guess it all comes out to personal preference.

The PSU seems good and inexpensive I will look into it. And OK I will think about the motherboard haha.

The fans you choose are ugly as hell, and not LED, my case won't shine :(. Any cool looking, LED fans you recommend?

Oh and pricing from any retailer in the US is just plaing useless because of the country I live in, I have to buy everthing with 16% I.V.A :/

if you play games with many mods (im looking at you skyrim HD textures) the additional memory of the 290x will make it win, but as you said its personal preference

as far as fans go..... mehhh i dont know much

but the cougar vortex are very good (i have them on my rig) and come in LED flavor

such as blue: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553015&cm_re=led_fan-_-35-553-015-_-Product

or red: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553010&cm_re=cougar_led_fan-_-35-553-010-_-Product

Thanks! :D I planned it to not need to change it for the rest of my life. I mean, upgrade it every two years but not have to change it like I'm doing with my current build. I though on the i7 but I will never ever do video editing or stuff like that, I'm a medicine student, just gaming, i7 still worth it? What do you think?

for future purposes yes the i7 will be relevant longer. if something requires more power you'd have 4 more threads ready. its entirely up to you, but if you're spending $2000 whats another 100? i'd say get it just because when dx12 is released the i7 will have 4 more threads to be used. some games right now can use more than 4 threads.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

i7 not worth it unless video editing and rendering or doing alot of content creation