Verizon Coming to Canada?

tk421

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/mobile/verizon-jumps-the-border-offers-700-million-for-wind-mobile/

I found this article on Hardware Canucks and it seems like this isn't getting enough attention.  From my understanding, this is just an announcement of a bid to enter the Canadian mobile market, but this could be huge for Canadian mobile customers.  I live in the USA and have been with Verizon for a few years now.  Their service has been pretty mediocre at best but considering the landscape of the US mobile phone market, they're not as bad as some other providers and they do at least have EXCELLENT coverage here in the states - I've NEVER had a call dropped for any reason at any time.  One other thing that I think will be a big deal for Canadians is how competitive and aggressive Verizon is in the market.  They might not be the cheapest but they fight tooth and nail to add to their customer base, and given what I've heard from my friends in Canada, some real competition could mean drastic changes in the near future.

So what do y'all think?  Will this be a good move for Verizon and/or Canadian customers?  How will this change the spectrum of wireless providers in Canada, if at all?  And for the Canadian forum members, especially Linus and Slick, does this make you hopeful that other providers will change their strategies or do you just simply want to jump ship to Verizon from your current provider when the time comes?

Salutations,

tk421

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Canada I'm sorry, Verizon is right next to AT&T, and EA in my book. 

Slick and Linus said it best you can pick the position and the diameter for them to %^&* you, however no matter what you do, they are still %^&^*ing you. 

P.S My latest Verizon dealing had to do with an OTA update bricking my phone, and them unknowingly cancelling my Insurance on my account after replacing said phone, and then 6 months later when I upgraded my phone they let me leave the store after purchasing a "$700" phone without a single mention that I did not have insurance on said phone/account. 

If I could have Verizon as an overnight guest I would pee in their Wheaties without thinking twice. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

One of the upsides of a move like this would be the possibility of north-america (well, Canada and the US) wide calling zones, i guess...

One of the upsides of a move like this would be the possibility of north-america (well, Canada and the US) wide calling zones, i guess...

Wishful thinking. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Canada I'm sorry, Verizon is right next to AT&T, and EA in my book. 

While I definitely agree. It's hard to believe they would be much worse than Telus, Fido, or Bell, the current options on the west coast.