Asus xonar D2X/XDT

Loxorz
Go to solution Solved by t0wer,

The headset isn't really good enough to notice the difference.

Do you guys think an Asus Xonar D2X/XDT is a good soundcard for a razer tiamat 7.1 headset?

Any sound card generally should be better than onboard.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Do you guys think an Asus Xonar D2X/XDT is a good soundcard for a razer tiamat 7.1 headset?

You wont get any better audio than you would with onboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YTubozx3zs

gee, he's got that soundcard on the bottom there and he's plugging it into the onboard...

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

gee, he's got that soundcard on the bottom there and he's plugging it into the onboard...

LOL

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

that's only because the usb super samples the analog signal.

it's quality you can't get from a dedicated sound card.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

So if i get the soundcard there will be no difference?

The headset isn't really good enough to notice the difference.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac