Recommendations for new PC Chair?

JRolley

I'm looking for a new PC Chair and don't really know of too many of the good choices in this price range. Something like a Hermon Miller Aeron or Embody or Haworth Zody would be great but unfortunately out of my price range. My budget is probably around $400. Some of my friends have highly recommended DXRacer chairs so I thought I'd ask for some opinion of them on here as well. I'm 190cm (6'3) and only about 75kg (165lbs) if that helps with any recommendations. For the DXRacers if there is anyone who does like them would you be able to tell me the difference between the models? Mainly the difference between F Series and R Series because the R Series seems more fit for taller people but idk if there's much else different. Any chair recommendations would be good though I'm not really worried about the brand I'd just like a few varied choices.

Cheers

$400 for a chair?!?!?!?

Just get something that is comfortable, and has the adjustments you want. 

Lumbar support is always a plus, and one that comes with a head cushion is a nice addition.

DX Racers may be the most comfortable, stylish chairs that include function (exaggeration here, almost certainly not true), but the price is not justified when you can get an equally comfortable chair with a few less features for a lot less.  

Any $200 office chair should suite fine. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

check out office liquadations they usually have 1.5K+ chairs for 100. mine retailed for 3K and I got it for free 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

grab a second heavy duty hand office chair with appropriate mounts. Scrap the actual chair part, and attach a car seat.... Comfortable, supportive gaming chair for under 100 bucks...

I'm looking for a new PC Chair and don't really know of too many of the good choices in this price range. Something like a Hermon Miller Aeron or Embody or Haworth Zody would be great but unfortunately out of my price range. My budget is probably around $400. Some of my friends have highly recommended DXRacer chairs so I thought I'd ask for some opinion of them on here as well. I'm 190cm (6'3) and only about 75kg (165lbs) if that helps with any recommendations. For the DXRacers if there is anyone who does like them would you be able to tell me the difference between the models? Mainly the difference between F Series and R Series because the R Series seems more fit for taller people but idk if there's much else different. Any chair recommendations would be good though I'm not really worried about the brand I'd just like a few varied choices.

Cheers

$400 for a chair?!?!?!?

Just get something that is comfortable, and has the adjustments you want. 

Lumbar support is always a plus, and one that comes with a head cushion is a nice addition.

DX Racers may be the most comfortable, stylish chairs that include function (exaggeration here, almost certainly not true), but the price is not justified when you can get an equally comfortable chair with a few less features for a lot less.  

Any $200 office chair should suite fine. 

i use a Dxracer chair King series chair though i should have prob went with an M or U series i underestimated how big the chair was going to be!. its comfortable and supportive while being fairly stylish. you can certainly find similar purpose chairs for less money but that comes down to if you want to spend more for a chair that looks flashier or spend less on a more practical looking chair.

the F series is more for smaller people and they generally go up from there

http://www.dxracer.ca/v/vspfiles/assets/images/F-Series%20Fitment%20Banner.jpg

http://www.dxracer.ca/v/vspfiles/assets/images/R-Series%20Fitment%20Banner.jpg

http://www.dxracer.ca/v/vspfiles/assets/images/D-Series%20Fitment%20Banner.jpg

http://www.dxracer.ca/v/vspfiles/assets/images/M-Series%20Fitment%20Banner.jpg

http://www.dxracer.ca/v/vspfiles/assets/images/U-Series%20Fitment%20Banner.jpg

http://www.dxracer.ca/v/vspfiles/assets/images/K-Series%20Fitment%20Banner.jpg

i use a Dxracer chair its comfortable and supportive while being fairly stylish. you can certainly find similar purpose chairs for less money but that comes down to if you want to spend more for a chair that looks better than that plain boring office look

I'd take the "boring office look" over a DX Racer if the only difference was appearance, with equal comfort, function, and reliability, even $50-$200 premium is just, nope.

I'm sure the majority of people here would argue against getting an In Win S Frame over an Enthoo Primo just for looks, while taking into consideration the immense increase in price the S Frame has over the Primo. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I'd take the "boring office look" over a DX Racer if the only difference was appearance, with equal comfort, function, and reliability, even $50-$200 premium is just, nope.

I'm sure the majority of people here would argue against getting an In Win S Frame over an Enthoo Primo just for looks, while taking into consideration the immense increase in price the S Frame has over the Primo. 

i agree 100% buy what you can afford function should always come before flash but if you intend to spend X on something you may aswell get the best of both worlds

I also agree however the $400 was the absolute max limit mainly to stop people recommending Herman Miller chairs or something in that league which are usually $1K plus and there are plenty of people who feel that cost is justified and for some it may be worth it. I would pay a premium for looks but it wouldn't be much maybe $50 or less. But there are other factors that come into it more than just comfort and fit of the chair. I know you mentioned features but the combination of comfort and features is quite hard to find in a lot of run of the mill office chairs and also a huge factor is durability and longevity. This is something I always consider for something that I use daily for example when I bought headphones recently or when I'm looking to buy a TV. If a chair is going to be comfortable for a year and then either fall apart or start to degrade significantly but costs $200 and something like the dxracer is $300 and could potentially maintain comfort for a few years then the premium is absolutely justifiable. That's the main reason I wanted to get a lot of different recommendations and have a discussion