So, I have an odd problem with stereo separation/overall sound quality

Kevinkt

So, When I'm using my headphones (M40x) from my motherboard it sounds worse than using a line-in with my phone(LG,G2)

The stereo separation/overall sound quality is much better when coming from my phone while using googleplay as my main player, I mean, I've tried it over the web and even using my 320 copys from foobar and the sound is still better from my phone as a line-in.

I have no idea how else to describe. Everything sounds richer, more bass, a wider sound stage, I don't even know how the fuck that possible. 

Are you using 3.5mm with 4 metal lines or 3?

Are you using 3.5mm with 4 metal lines or 3?

What do you mean by 4 metal lines

this

3-5mm-Stereo-Plug-Connector-Plastic-1.jp

or this

730533_BB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

What motherboard?

What motherboard?

msi b85-g41 gaming

this

or this

The first one, If you said 2 or 3. I would of got it.

msi b85-g41 gaming

but its 3 or 4. I dont know solution then.

Are you using the jack in the motherboard or the case?

Try reinstalling the audio drivers for your motherboard: http://us.msi.com/support/mb/B85G41_PC_Mate.html#down-driver

Motherboard and I'm using a line-in from my phone to my motherboard to my headphones. it's a weird audio change and i don't think reinstailing my audio drivers would fix it

Motherboard and I'm using a line-in from my phone to my motherboard to my headphones. it's a weird audio change and i don't think reinstailing my audio drivers would fix it

Wait, what?

Are you plugging your phone into the motherboard, then trying to listen to it through the motherboard's audio jack?

Wait, what?

Are you plugging your phone into the motherboard, then trying to listen to it through the motherboard's audio jack?

Yes. lol. I have reasons.

Yes. lol. I have reasons.

AFAIK, attempting to do that will give you bad results with on-board soundcards of that tier.

For what reason are you doing it? Just curious.

AFAIK, attempting to do that will give you bad results with on-board soundcards of that tier.

For what reason are you doing it? Just curious.

Ugh, Trolling in CS:GO. I use my phone as a mic and play whoever my steam account is set up as. People don't mind for some reason. 

msi b85-g41 gaming

When he said 3 or 4 he shouldn't have said lines. It's 3 or 4 poles and each pole is the metal part between the black lines. 

As for your situation, are you sure you're not just listening to one louder than the other? Because that would explain it. 

When he said 3 or 4 he shouldn't have said lines. It's 3 or 4 poles and each pole is the metal part between the black lines. 

As for your situation, are you sure you're not just listening to one louder than the other? Because that would explain it. 

no it's about the same, my phone does go louder but i don't have it maxed like my pc. my phone@50% is the same as my pc@100%

Have you ensured all presets and enhancements are turned of in your audio manager? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Lelelelelelelel, people freakes out because "my smartphone sounds better that my PC"

Don't worry OP, you are fine

Lelelelelelelel, people freakes out because "my smartphone sounds better that my PC"

Don't worry OP, you are fine

He's not fine, if he was fine he wouldn't have an issue with his pc sounding like shit. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Have you ensured all presets and enhancements are turned of in your audio manager? 

yes, i leave all that off, and i don't have any turned on for my phone