Graphical Jankiness and Time issues

So, I have been having this issue with my computer for a while now. Elements on screen start to break and the clock stops keeping time. I have atached a picture of what it looks like. This has been happening pretty much since I built the computer. I have replaced the graphics card and reformatted windows multiple times. I am not running any overclock or over volt on any components. It sometimes effects more than just the task bar, but that's what I have a picture of. 

Should probably tell people what components I have...

i5 4670k 

16Gb Dominator

Samsung 840

GTX 980 SC EVGA

Corsair 860i

Asus Maximus 6 Gene

The Image is really wide, I have 3 monitors. 

post-76555-0-51544700-1423843826_thumb.p

Are they all the Same Monitor or Resolution?

Yes, all 1920x1200 HPw2408h. Rebooting temporarily solves the problem and it plays games fine

The picture is really tough to see. Though I'm assuming you're using that tool to get a start button on each screen? Have you tried re installing it or seeing if there is a new version?

The picture is really tough to see. Though I'm assuming you're using that tool to get a start button on each screen? Have you tried re installing it or seeing if there is a new version?

Nah, Windows does that by default. I'm not spanning as 1 display, I have 3 distinct displays that windows sees 

Here is a better quality version of that pic. ( http://i.imgur.com/T5e4pFi.png )

The clock it reporting 5:36AM when it was actually 11PM

snip

To be honest I have little experience with multi monitor set ups. I've only set up like 2 in the past for friends. But I can toss out some ideas and free bumps in the mean time. 

In Windows update settings, choose how updates get installed, check both boxes, back to last page, view details, does it give you anything on the Windows side of the drivers / patches that may help? 

Its all up to date. I don't think its an issue with the software. I believe its either the CPU or the MOBO...

I should also mention that it happens with only 1 monitor connected as well. 

snip

As far as the clock itself is it updating its time from the wrong geographical location? That doesn't explain the rest of the behavior but it might lead us somewhere. I don't think it is a hardware issue. How are your monitors currently set up? All plugged into the GTX 980? If you download the Intel vga driver and switch to a single display to onboard graphics does it also have the same problem? Best way we can get a second opinion from another set of display driver is getting off the Nvidia ones.

Nah, the clock is just broken. It doesn't keep time at all. Yes, all the monitors are currently setup and plugged into the 980. Its my understanding that the CPU handles displaying what the GPU rendered and keeps time. I have replaced the GPU (780ti to 980) and that didn't fix it... I have reformatted windows and it doesn't seem to help; that's why I think its hardware. 

Nah, the clock is just broken. It doesn't keep time at all. Yes, all the monitors are currently setup and plugged into the 980. Its my understanding that the CPU handles displaying what the GPU rendered and keeps time. I have replaced the GPU (780ti to 980) and that didn't fix it... I have reformatted windows and it doesn't seem to help; that's why I think its hardware. 

I would still consider connecting a display to the igpu, disconnecting the others, and seeing what happens with that lone display. The troubleshooting would be free since you're just rearranging the parts. Best case scenario it sheds some light on the issue, worst case scenario we're still at square one. 

The thing is it happens so sporadically that I wouldn't know if its fixed or if I just haven't seen it happen.... For example, my computer has been running fine for a week now. But I know its not fixed

The thing is it happens so sporadically that I wouldn't know if its fixed or if I just haven't seen it happen.... For example, my computer has been running fine for a week now. But I know its not fixed

Awesome, it insists on being inconvenient for troubleshooting lol. Is there a newer BIOS out for the board? If it is anything I'd suspect the motherboard over the cpu. If you remove the BIOS battery and power then start it back up without internet the internal clock will reset and think it is the date the board was made. Which is something in common between hardware and the software issue. 

I would guess on the hdd IF NOT then its a driver/software issue thats harder to find and is totally random -.-

Happened Again, Got better pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/pctYTE2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mz9Ly07.jpg

Awesome, it insists on being inconvenient for troubleshooting lol. Is there a newer BIOS out for the board? If it is anything I'd suspect the motherboard over the cpu. If you remove the BIOS battery and power then start it back up without internet the internal clock will reset and think it is the date the board was made. Which is something in common between hardware and the software issue. 

When this happens it isn't keeping time at all. It just picks a time and sticks with it. Also, it doesn't happen when I restart (that usually fixes the issue) so Im pretty sure its not the bios (the time in Bios is correct). 

change the cmos battery .......... had same issue ... changing the battery fixed it 

Its not the battery, it isn't losing time when i restart. It just goes all stupid every once in a while. 

I would guess on the hdd IF NOT then its a driver/software issue thats harder to find and is totally random -.-

Tried a different SSD and HDD didnt fix the problem. 

I'm pretty sure its the CPU. It has a constant load of about 50% and its the only component besides the mobo that could effect so many random things. I'm going to get a replacement.